RemedySpot.com

Re: Stints, Varices, Transplant Hospitals and Hepatologist??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Barb,Thanks so much for the wonderful comfort e-mail. We will look into the Dr. Ziebert.......did he have some empathy I wonder. Our current Dr. is now fired. My daughter started to vomiti blood on Friday...I called an ambulance and then our Dr. He was off on Friday so I left a message. He did not respond until Monday and paid my daughter a " social " visit..but said the Dr at the hospital was taking care of her. I was going to look for a new Dr. but this just assured me to get going on it!! A friend of mine had a transplant in Houston at the Methodist Hospital Transplant Center....have you heard of that one?? She had her transplant on 14th May and is doing great so far.

Once again thank you for the comforting words. I am actually her Mom ....my first name is Gwynn (like Gwynneth Paltrow) and my last name is ph.Talk to you soon, Gwynn

-----Original

Message-----

My questions are?

Does any one out there live in Austin Texas have PSC, it would sure help having someone

around. Also, if that someone

lives in Austin we are looking for

a good Gastro/Hepatologist in the area??

Hang in there dad, will be with you in a cyber minute. She lives in Austin and her brother

Dusty had his transplant in San six months ago (and is doing great!) I'm pretty sure she will recommend

this doctor:

Dr Ziebert

Research Blvd #390

Austin Gastroenterology

- Seton Northwest

She'll probably

have his phone number for you too.

We also have members

in: San , Conroe, 3 in Houston, Midland and many more in the Dallas/Fort

Worth

area. Several have gotten

transplants in Houston & Dallas, so no matter which direction you want to

travel, we'll have someone there for you to talk to. (Plus the rest of our over 1000 group

members stand ready to help day or night.)

ph, I know what an

awful time this is, many of us have been there, done that. We can't stop your worry (no one

can, it's job 1 of every caregiver to worry) but

we can help you cope. Take a deep

breath, drop your shoulders (did you notice how high your shoulders were, almost

wrapped around your ears huh?) You're

no longer alone, there isn't one question we can't answer and if

your daughter would like to talk with someone her age, let us know and we can provide you with that info too. One day in the very near future, you'll

realize that having a cyber PSC family, that can provide; information, support and

can answer medical questions with studies and experience, makes all the difference

and you'll feel calmer and in control (OK maybe not total control, but

you'll feel better.)

Welcome to the group,

we are Together in the fight, whatever it takes,

Barb in Texas

-- 1212 Wilderness Dr.,Austin, TX 78746USA Tel: