RemedySpot.com

Stehli book on AIT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I would like to clarify some information regarding AIT and the Berard method. The term AIT is now used to refer to a variety of sound-based interventions, not just the Berard method. So, if you are interested in Berard AIT, be certain to research this specific method and practitioners who are trained by approved Berard instructors and are using approved Berard equipment. The official Berard AIT website is

www.berardaitwebsite.com

and there is an international list of Berard practitioners on that website. There are other programs on websites that claim to be Berard AIT, but if you really want this method, you should double check with the official website.

Georgiana's case was the first to be written, but there are many more similar success stories. The books, , , by Robbyn Val , and The Game of My Life, by "J-Mac" McElwain, are two other examples of great success after Berard AIT. J-Mac is the high school senior who played for 5 minutes in the last basketball game of the season and became a hero. The book, Hearing Equals Behavior: Updated and Expanded by Dr. Berard and Sally Brockett, MS, has many case histories about successful results. There are other examples, but in most cases, the parents do not choose to write a book or share their past experiences now that their child is progressing well and moving beyond where they had been. And of course, there are other cases where progress occurs but it is not as dramatic. The Berard book does have

summaries of research studies with examples of pre/post test results.

The data on Berard AIT does indicate that it works for the majority, but not all will have dramatic results. Just as with other interventions, there is a range of responses to this training, from mild to dramatic, and a few may not show a response. There are also those who show continuing progress as they do additional rounds of Berard AIT over several years. If you want to see some data, you can visit:

http://www.ideatrainingcenter.com/ait-results.shtml

and http://www.ideatrainingcenter.com/stories.shtml

Georgiana has written a book titled Overcoming Autism, which, I believe, is self-published. The book may be ordered by emailing her at nipponon@....

I hope this will answer some of the questions about the Berard method of AIT.

Always

Ana Brushingham