RemedySpot.com

Happy re-birthday!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To Ali (and Simon, and !)

From the archives of 2006

CaringBridge update - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2006 09:01 PM, CDT

THE SURGERY IS OVER!!!!! Everyone is in their rooms and safe. Simon is awake and in good spirits. In true Simon form he is making jokes. We left him singing " I'm A Survivor " . Seriously, his vitals were great and his color good. They will keep him on an epidural for the next day along with narcotics for pain. He will slowly be introduced into food in the next day or so. I think the only thing really bothering him is his naso-gastric tube (tube coming out of his nose that drains fluid from his stomache).

Mom looks amazing! The transformation is so noticable already. Her stomache is at least half it's size, her color is nice and pink. We all marveled at how her skin looked as though she had grown younger. I imagine it is the liver starting to filter impurities that had been building up for so long. Her swelling in her extremities is probably half what it was. He vitals are really good too.

They both are amazing. We all are amazed at their stamina, their resilience, and their peace. We are all is awe!

We would all like to thank everyone for their prayers and blessings, we felt them all. Keep them up-we're not out of the woods yet, but over the major hurdle.

There will be more updates tomorrow, but don't look for them until after 10am. That's the first time we'll be able to see Mom and Simon. It's been a long, emotional day and I apologize for any misspellings/errors so I'm off to sleep, wonderful sleep. All my love to you all-