RemedySpot.com

Hard lessons to learn from this disease . . .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello air friends,

I want to share with you what

happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it.

I have always been the one in my

family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10,

but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than

before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal

and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags

for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead

of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to

accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and

someone else was bringing dessert. My guests were to arrive at 4.

About 2 pm I had finished my preparations

and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like

beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like

walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at

all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned

on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest.

I think I fell asleep as soon as I

laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so

much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I

wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my

husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the

26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire

day. I felt like a different person.

Even though I thought I had everything

under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight

was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a

perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now

realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me

mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT

results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15

and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from

Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see.

Thanks for “listening”,

I didn’t mean to go on and on.

Sue D.

62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

Sue ... your dinner must have been very nice and tasty I'm sure. My daughter does the things you do. Her table looks like something out of a magazine...

I no longer have the "kids come home" for holidays for the reasons you describe. I can't do it anymore so I understand your mad/sad feelings. They miss "coming to grandma's" for dinners too.

Perhaps you could do just one thing and let others bring the rest.

I hate this damn disease! It robs us of what makes us homemakers and cooks and bakers and on and on.

I AM going to have my daughter Lysa and family (hubby, two grddtrs 11/17) over for dinner on this Sunday! A casserole I can stick in the oven, today I'm baking a cherry pie......ok, ok, it's a Marie Callenders!.... and fix some goodie green beans/bacon. Now if I can't do this...I really do give up!

They are so anxious to come.

I don't think I see many posts from you Sue. I'm pushing my brain to remember your particular details...

You can go on and on. We get it, here.

Hugs.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello air friends,

I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it.

I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My guests were to arrive at 4.

About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest.

I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire day. I felt like a different person.

Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see.

Thanks for “listening”, I didn’t mean to go on and on.

Sue D.

Sue ... your dinner must have been very nice and tasty I'm sure. My daughter does the things you do. Her table looks like something out of a magazine...

I no longer have the "kids come home" for holidays for the reasons you describe. I can't do it anymore so I understand your mad/sad feelings. They miss "coming to grandma's" for dinners too.

Perhaps you could do just one thing and let others bring the rest.

I hate this damn disease! It robs us of what makes us homemakers and cooks and bakers and on and on.

I AM going to have my daughter Lysa and family (hubby, two grddtrs 11/17) over for dinner on this Sunday! A casserole I can stick in the oven, today I'm baking a cherry pie......ok, ok, it's a Marie Callenders!.... and fix some goodie green beans/bacon. Now if I can't do this...I really do give up!

They are so anxious to come.

I don't think I see many posts from you Sue. I'm pushing my brain to remember your particular details...

You can go on and on. We get it, here.

Hugs.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello air friends,

I want to share with you what happened to me on Christmas Day in the hope that you learn from it.

I have always been the one in my family who has done Christmas dinner for my family (most at one time was 10, but is now down to 4). Anyway, I thought this year was no different than before. I always enjoyed getting out my good china , silver, and crystal and linens and setting a festive table complete with personalized goody bags for everyone set at their place. I also decided to cook a roast instead of the usual turkey, because it’s easier. I made things to accompany it that I could make ahead and someone was bringing an appetizer and someone else was bringing dessert. My guests were to arrive at 4.

About 2 pm I had finished my preparations and all I had to do was stick the roast in the oven when they arrived (we all like beef on the med rare side); I noticed I was so sob for simple things like walking around the kitchen and into the dining room –not far at all. The temp was in the high 40s, but on the muggy side. We turned on the a/c and my husband told me to take a little rest.

I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I was so much more refreshed and felt so much better. The a/c was working, and I wasn’t as sob. The dinner party was a success and I even helped my husband put away leftovers before I crashed for the night. Yesterday, the 26th, I didn’t even get dressed and vegged out the entire day. I felt like a different person.

Even though I thought I had everything under control, I think the stress did me in because I sure felt a big weight was lifted off my shoulders when the day was over. I have always been a perfectionist (a fault, I know) and this situation was no different. I now realize I can’t do these kinds of things anymore and it really makes me mad/sad. I also had a disappointing dr. visit with lower PFT results and he upped the Pred to 25 mg per day for 3 weeks, decreasing to 15 and 10 and 5 and then do another PFT. I wonder if the stress from Christmas also had an effect on the PFT results. Well, we shall see.

Thanks for “listening”, I didn’t mean to go on and on.

Sue D.