RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Forwarded from seattlepi.com: Should medical marijuana be a fact

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes there were other factors in the equation, I am on the University of WA Liver Transplant list. I have been a pateint of the hospital since 2001 (hepitology) They put me on the list last Jan. Now when I became a patient I looked at the rules for liver transplant and also for them to see me as a patient. I was told that I would need a transplant. The rules were no drinking, smoking cigarettes, or marijauna or any illegal drug. I quit these things in order to live. Now over time I was offered the oppurtunity for medical marijauna I refused knowing it was against the rules. This man was also turned down at another hospital before Univ of WA telling him he had to abstain for smoking marijauna and he wasn't put on there list either. Also He was busted for growing pot as well. From an ex pot head I know that once you smoke your tolerrance builds and you need more to get high. So if he was getting medical marijauna why did he grow it, it wasn't synthetic. I feel bad for what happened to this man don't get me wrong, it was a tough decision I am sure for the people involved and I wish it would have turned in his favor for his sake and his familly. Its just what happened and we can't change this and point fingers at whose fault it was. The point is be informed about this and if you need an appetite enhancer I am sure there are other things on the market instead of marijauna

PSC/AIH/PBC 2001

takes Marinol, a synthetic marijuana. Our hepatologist said we

could get marijuana off the street, and have him smoke it; or purchase

the pricey synthetic version at the pharmacy. It is used as an

appetite stimulant and has been a godsend. I have no problem

whatsoever with him taking it.

It's hard for me to believe that someone would be refused a transplant

just for medical marijuana use. It feels like there must be some other

factors in that equation.

wife of (psc 1995, cca 2007)