RemedySpot.com

Re: Strange (stupid?) question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Chaim,Very interesting question. Strange maybe but not stupid. I guess if they think they can bring back a frozen Ted WIlliams even afterseparating his head from body, then anything is possible.I guess one would have to wonder though, that even if this was possible , wouldn't using a liver already partially sick withPSC [ even if it seems unaffected at the time] , also later become sick ?Better thought might be, when healthy people have invasive abdominal surgery , could they donate a partial healthy liver while there?While this would be an extra risk and wouldn't be advised, given my own feeling and situation, should I need abdominal surgery forsomething else, I would say, "by the way , while your in there". LeeI was wondering. If someone can donate part of his liver for LDLT, can one (provided there is no small duct PSC, and not too much cirrhosis) remove part of his/her own liver, freeze it, and use it for liver transplant later? I assume the answer is no, otherwise it would be possible to freeze donor organs and keep them for years instead of the few hours that are the practice now. Why can't this be done?