RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: urso mg.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was 165, now 140 because of UC and maybe liver acting up... I take 1000 mg a day...

arman_shirin@...

Re: urso mg.

thanks everybody, for your input. feeling more hopefull about the future. p.s. I am 140lbs. I take 1800mg of urso a day. Is that concidered high or low? I'm seeing my Doctor next week.

Thanks

basement_warrior200 3 <ironpumper (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

>> Dear Wymom;> > So far I have had it (PSC) for 17 years. I may need a tx thisyear... so I way beat the average. Many great years of health.> > Joe> > ------------ -- Original message from "wymom94" <wymom94@... >:------------ -- > > > question: does anyone have long term psc? 20+ years without > transplant? Are the statistics absolute? I keep reading about 7 to 10 > years before liver failure. is this always the case? I never read any > article that have survivors. Don't want to bring anybody down. Just > wondered if anyone out there knows.> > Hi , I know the feeling of reading the stats on PSC and > feeling afraid. My son

was dx last year and I had the same fear and > question for the boards then that you have now. In the early months > after dx, I kept thinking he's 12 now, will he make 20, 25? I'm no > expert on PSC, but have come to learn more and I do know that there > are PSCers who buck the worrisome stats, most definitely -and some by > quite a lot. The average of 7-10 or 7-12 yrs is not always the > case. I have faith now (where I didn't before) that my son may go > many years before end-stage, well past the oft read avg stats. It's > possible he may go so long before things worsen that the cure will be > found before he's at end-stage, or some treatment may be found in > that interim that will halt progression. And, if he does come to end-> stage before a cure or treatment and gets a transplant, that's not > the end of anything, but another beginning and another route to >

stretch his lifespan even further. He'd still be a survivor of liver > disease w/ a transplant. Your question doesn't bring me down at all, > but does remind me of the place I once was; I hope that you can read > into my post to find that there will likely be a different place for > you as you learn more and hear from others who HAVE bucked the > stats. I'm not always positive about the future of my son's psc, but > it was a rather significant boost to learn that there's no lock-in to > 7-12 yrs or thinking of a transplant as a negative end result. I > have much hope and faith for his future now -and hope you garner the > same feelings as you learn more.> Best wishes and God bless,> Meghan, mom to 13yo Wyatt-psc, ibd, fap, a-i hives, gerd>Hi :I've had PSC for 22 or 23 years (I'm 42 and got diagnosed around 19years old). My LFT's are very close to

normal and the last biopsy Igot last summer I was at about stage 2 and didn't show much changefrom 10 years before that (1997) and 10 years before that (1987). Mydoctor (Dr Kaplan) was very surprised as he expected I would haveprogressed. An ERCP prior to that also looked good. I've had somefatigue and itching issues in the past year to year and a half plusand some light pain but other than that am fairly healthy.I've been loafing lately but I powerlift and bodybuild and keep busy.I also have a variety of other inflammation related diseases. I hadUC but was bagged in 1998, etc. I eat a lean diet and that helps with the itch and I eat a lot ofprotein. I've been taking 2400mg of URSO /day for maybe 12 years.I take Questran and Rifampin for the itch but I've found eatingvirtually no fat is the best thing.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.