RemedySpot.com

RE: PSC and Vomiting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I take the compazine when I feel the nausea or quisiness. It may not help to take it if you wait until you're vomiting.

Marie

To: From: lindawilkinson@...Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:39:24 -0500Subject: RE: PSC and Vomiting

How do you use the compazine (just when it hits or on a daily basis)? This hits and is gone so fast that I didn't think that it would help to have a prescription. The only time it last for any length of time is when the vomiting starts.>>> "Marie Nilsson" <marie_nilsson17 (AT) msn (DOT) com> 6/2/2008 11:33 AM >>>My LFT's are also great, but I often suffer from lack of appetite, nausea & sometimes vomiting. Theoretically, nausea & vomiting are not part of PSC, however nausea & vomiting DO accompany other liver illnesses such as hepatitis, so as far as I'm concerned, the nausea & lack of appetite ARE related to PSC.I use compazine (a prescription) for the nausea. But compazine can contribute to fatigue, so I try to use it very sparingly.I do get regurgitation in my mouth sometimes, but usually I don't vomit too often. But the nausea is a big concern. I'm on prednisone, and if I can't take it, or if I vomit up the medicine, I have to go to the ER to get the medicine intravenously.MarieI have noticed that nausea and vomiting are happening more and more often. My LFT's are great. Would this be related to the PSC? I have nausea that comes out of nowhere. The nausea happens much more often than the vomiting but I never know the vomiting is coming. I can feel great and within minutes I am throwing up..__________________________________________________________Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety.http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_family_safety_052008===========================================================This message is confidential, intended onlyfor the named recipient(s) and may containinformation that is privileged or exempt fromdisclosure under applicable law. If you arenot the intended recipient(s), you are notifiedthat the dissemination, distribution or copyingof this message is strictly prohibited. If youreceived this message in error, or are not thenamed recipient(s), please notify the senderand delete this e-mail from your computer.ETMC has implemented secure messaging forcertain types of messages. For more informationabout our secure messaging system, go to: http://www.etmc.org/mail/Thank you.=========================================================== Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Guest guest

The reason I say that theoretically PSC does not cause nausea is because I think it was Dr. Lindor who said PSC doesn't cause nausea or vomiting. I think the nausea & vomiting ARE PSC related. Also, the new brochure that created lists symptoms of PSC, and nausea isn't listed (maybe it's another brochure?).

I too know that many medicines can cause nausea. Also acidic foods make it worse, as does nicotine. Chewing gum is probably also not good if you're nausated. When the nausea is bad, I stop drinking coffee and switch to tea & honey. But when it's not so bad, I drink coffee, since that makes me feel like I'm doing something normal.

-Marie

Marie

To: From: kizzersmom@...Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:55:42 -0700Subject: Re: PSC and Vomiting

I know some other people have already answered this, but I thought I'd chime in. I have severe nausea and vomiting/rumination (throwing up in my mouth). The nausea/vomiting symptoms don't seem to be linked to any specific foods/smells (although some can make it worse) or time of day. My docs have said it's not usually related to PSC...but it seems to me a lot of us suffer with this for it not to be related to PSC...perhaps a poll is in order? (Arne, I think you're the king of the polls, right? What do you think?) :)Sandi in VA E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

Marie,

I had my vomiting issues before I even

started taking any medication. I only started Urso that.

Regards,

Chaim Boermeester, Israel

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Marie Nilsson

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 02:55

To:

Subject: RE: PSC and

Vomiting

The reason I say that theoretically PSC does not cause

nausea is because I think it was Dr. Lindor who said PSC doesn't cause nausea

or vomiting. I think the nausea & vomiting ARE PSC related. Also, the new

brochure that created lists symptoms of PSC, and nausea isn't

listed (maybe it's another brochure?).

I too know that many medicines can cause nausea. Also acidic foods make it

worse, as does nicotine. Chewing gum is probably also not good if you're

nausated. When the nausea is bad, I stop drinking coffee and switch to tea

& honey. But when it's not so bad, I drink coffee, since that makes me feel

like I'm doing something normal.

-Marie

Marie

To:

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:55:42 -0700

Subject: Re: PSC and Vomiting

I know some other people

have already answered this, but I thought I'd chime in. I have severe nausea

and vomiting/rumination (throwing up in my mouth). The nausea/vomiting symptoms

don't seem to be linked to any specific foods/smells (although some can make it

worse) or time of day. My docs have said it's not usually related to PSC...but

it seems to me a lot of us suffer with this for it not to be related to

PSC...perhaps a poll is in order? (Arne, I think you're the king of the polls,

right? What do you think?) :)

Sandi in VA

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

's PSC DID cause nausea and vomitting, though the doctors said it wasn't related. It, in fact, caused him to go into a state of almost complete gastroporesis (stomach stopped working completely). The reason for it turned out to be that his liver was MUCH larger than they realized, even with all his ERCP's, MRCP's, CT scans, etc. (His old liver was half the size of his new one, and they had trouble getting the old one out, simply because of its size.) His liver was putting so much pressure on his stomach, that it just stopped working eventually. Once he had his transplant, his stomach slowly started working again, and I can't really remember the last time he threw up. Maybe back in October?? He was transplanted in July.Marie Nilsson wrote: The reason I say that theoretically PSC does not cause nausea is because I think it was Dr. Lindor who said PSC doesn't cause nausea or vomiting. I think the nausea & vomiting ARE PSC related. Also, the new brochure that created lists symptoms of PSC, and nausea isn't listed (maybe it's another brochure?). I too know that many medicines can cause nausea. Also acidic foods make it worse, as does nicotine. Chewing gum is probably also not good if you're nausated. When the nausea is bad, I stop drinking coffee and switch to tea & honey. But when it's not so bad, I drink coffee, since that makes me feel like I'm doing something

normal. -Marie Marie To: From: kizzersmom (AT) yahoo (DOT) comDate: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:55:42 -0700Subject: Re: PSC and Vomiting I know some other people have already answered this, but I thought I'd chime in. I have severe nausea and vomiting/rumination (throwing up in my mouth). The nausea/vomiting symptoms don't seem to be linked to any specific foods/smells (although some can make it worse) or time of day. My docs have said it's not usually related to PSC...but it seems to me a lot of us suffer with this for it not to be related to PSC...perhaps a poll is in order? (Arne, I think you're the king of the polls, right? What do you think?)

:)Sandi in VA E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft. Ami - Migraines, FMSmom to - 10 yrs - Double Lung Tx 2/26/2006, PSC - Tx 7/16/2007, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, GERD, ADHD, Osteopenia http://caringbridge.org/visit/seanfoxmom to Emma - 14 yrs - Migrainesstepmom to - 15 yrs - ADHD, ODD~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Guest guest

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Lots of responses already,

so I'll thrown in mine and hope it helps offer some perspective. I

started vomiting, having URQ pain, and nausea all at the same time

period. No particular food set it off, it just happened. As it tured

out, my common bile duct was blocked with a large mass and the bile was

significantly blocked. I had a stent placed in the CBD and I

immediately felt better. They went a step further and removed the CBD

and reworked the plumbing (hepaticojejunostomy), but just placing the

stent made all the difference wioth the nausea.

Hope this helps,

Severin

- Father of 4 (7,6,2,0.5)

- Husband to Jen (a.k.a. SuperMom)

- PSC/UC 11/07

>

> I have some of those bands around somewhere from my trip to Key

West. I think my fear is that the PSC is finally starting to get

worse. I have only recently starting having the RUQ pain that goes

up into your shoulder blade. I have really been symptom free for 7

years. That is so much better than so many others, that I should be

grateful for the time rather than being a little scared over it. :)

>