RemedySpot.com

Newcomer to this wonderful group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello to all First I would like to thank you for all the good information I have received. My husband Hank was finally diagnosed about three years ago with Shydrager He is now 82 and I am 73. Prior to his dx, we were under a cardiologist's care. He had exhausted all types of treatment and decided it was a neurogoly problem. Dr Khurama of Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Md. confirmed his thoughts. Then in Feb. of 2001 he suffered congestive heart failure, pneumonia, slight stroke and a heart attack. They sent him to 's hopkins to put two stents in corragated arteries . At that time, the cardiologist said he was so frail he was afraid for the surgery. He came through beautifully, but now is showing more symptons that you all are speaking about - constant urination, memory loss, no energy, at times parkinson-like tremors, difficulty swallowing occasionally. The thing that baffles me is he can be so "out of it" one day and then bounce back. My worse problem is his denial. He refuses to discuss or talk about any of this. When we make doctor visits, I have to tell him what I have observed because Hank says he is fine. His list of medicines include proamatine ,fluorinef, plavix,zoloft, potassium aspirin, metoprolol and oxygen which he is only using when he is feeling dizzy. I didn't mean this to be so long, but I really am at my wit's end. You all have help so much. P.S. I have joined this group a my doctor,s urging- he told me how great you were. Thanks Adele

Guest guest

Adele:

I kind of feel like this illness is like a yo-yo, it's so up and down all the time. I know my husband will have 2 or 3 days when he is doing just great and then 4 or 5 where his awful and your right that is what is so hard. I'm also sorry that your husband is in denial, I understand that. My husband Fred was the same way. Bad enough to think that he didn't need his med's and what made it worst is his mother and step father didn't think he needed also and would talk him into not taking it. The best thing I can say is when he goes to the doctor , you talk to the doctor and tell him what you see and what maybe going on with him. That's what I do. Fred hardly ever tells the doctor anything, about the only thing Fred will talk to the doctor about is does he play tennis and that the doctor looks like his in pretty good health., nothing at all about what is going on with himself. Sometimes I wonder now if it really is denial or if Fred doesn't remember the problems his been having.

Sorry your here, but you found a good group

Take Care

Vera

Subject: Newcomer to this wonderful group

Hello to all First I would like to thank you for all the good information I have received. My husband Hank was finally diagnosed about three years ago with Shydrager He is now 82 and I am 73. Prior to his dx, we were under a cardiologist's care. He had exhausted all types of treatment and decided it was a neurogoly problem. Dr Khurama of Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Md. confirmed his thoughts. Then in Feb. of 2001 he suffered congestive heart failure, pneumonia, slight stroke and a heart attack. They sent him to 's hopkins to put two stents in corragated arteries . At that time, the cardiologist said he was so frail he was afraid for the surgery. He came through beautifully, but now is showing more symptons that you all are speaking about - constant urination, memory loss, no energy, at times parkinson-like tremors, difficulty swallowing occasionally. The thing that baffles me is he can be so "out of it" one day and then bounce back. My worse problem is his denial. He refuses to discuss or talk about any of this. When we make doctor visits, I have to tell him what I have observed because Hank says he is fine. His list of medicines include proamatine ,fluorinef, plavix,zoloft, potassium aspirin, metoprolol and oxygen which he is only using when he is feeling dizzy. I didn't mean this to be so long, but I really am at my wit's end. You all have help so much. P.S. I have joined this group a my doctor,s urging- he told me how great you were. Thanks Adele

Guest guest

Adele:

I kind of feel like this illness is like a yo-yo, it's so up and down all the time. I know my husband will have 2 or 3 days when he is doing just great and then 4 or 5 where his awful and your right that is what is so hard. I'm also sorry that your husband is in denial, I understand that. My husband Fred was the same way. Bad enough to think that he didn't need his med's and what made it worst is his mother and step father didn't think he needed also and would talk him into not taking it. The best thing I can say is when he goes to the doctor , you talk to the doctor and tell him what you see and what maybe going on with him. That's what I do. Fred hardly ever tells the doctor anything, about the only thing Fred will talk to the doctor about is does he play tennis and that the doctor looks like his in pretty good health., nothing at all about what is going on with himself. Sometimes I wonder now if it really is denial or if Fred doesn't remember the problems his been having.

Take Care

Vera

Guest guest

Adele:

Take Care

Vera