RemedySpot.com

Subject: Re: Re: Subject: For all you fellow gardeners

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dr. Ray:

What I would like to know , where did you fine water in Vegas? :o)

I would love to see your pictures of the water garden. I can understand why you can't get anything to grow there. I remember when we would go see my son , when he lived there at the time. We would stay at the Texas and when walking out of there, it was like walking into a hot oven. The wind would be so dry and hot. The one time it was 110 at 10am, That was the day that we drove home and it was 120 going pass Baker, Ca at 6:30pm. No wonder they call it the gate way to Death Valley.

You may want to try growing Rosemary, doesn't take much water, so it's good for a dry place. I have it up on my hill, because of that. Only thing I could get to grow there.

Waiting for your picture.

Take Care

Vera

Subject: Re: Re: Subject: For all you fellow gardeners

Ray, We would love to see your water garden. Gardens are always cheerful and a break from regular items on the list. :o) I had prickly pear cactus in my rock garden until we had a cold winter. That ought to grow in your area. Radishes and corn seem to do well here in hot spells, but need lots of water. Take care, Bill Werre

Ray wrote:

Vera and Belinda,I hope you don't mind my two cents, but, I've just completed putting in my water garden in my back yard. Pictures will follow if you wish. I could only work onit about two to threee hours at a time then have to take a long rest. Want to put in flower beds next. Anything to keep the mind going and gardening is a great way to do so. Living in Las Vegas is quite a challenge., Peas and beans must be set out by Feburary, Very hardy plants throughout the summer with another crop (if we're lucky) in the laate fall (November-December). Personnally, I've had zero luck with vegetables. Thought I'd write about it today. Dr. Ray