RemedySpot.com

Re: Update on Bob Grimmesey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thought I was too tired to update, but after reading Bill's response re going directly to rehab - I''m giving this a shot.

Bob's heart attack was "significant" - had damage, anterior valve completely clogged. He surviied with angioplasty, a stint. Excellent care. Had swallowing test two days later. Bob had a PEG tube inserted. Because of this group, was very aware of what this was and what it was for. Turned out he is just fine with solids, but may have NO LIQUIDS, EVER, through his mouth.

I rememberd so well reading what Bill wrote about going directly to Rehab (or some facility and not even DRIVING past your house first. So, I was elated when Bob was a candidate for the Rehabilitation Center in Santa Barbara. Luckily, through my work, I knew the Medical Director there (professoinally, only) and he knew me, talked to Bob in the hospital, and decided he was a candidate for Rehab. (He went to Baylor, where Dr. Drager was, so was very familiar with Bob's condition). I have repeatedly heard that this is one of the best Rehabs in the country (PT, speech, Occupational, Cardiac) so we were thrilled. Bob spent one night there (well, untill 1:00 a.m.) pulled out his tube, they reinserted it into the wrong place, had to go back and have it redone, spent yesterday in corridor of emergency room because there was "no room at the inn" and the way to get a room is to go through emergency. Bob was extremely agitated - high fever - drugs made him worse, became combative, etc., etc., All with my daughter and I giving direction to attending physicians. I'm sure they think we are totally the worst people they've ever had (requested things nicely, but often and adamantly). finally got a room, spent a GOOD night, is back at rehab tonight with a "sitter " (nursing assistant) watchng him all night for agitation - hopefully have the drugs straightened out.

At any rate, need your prayers and good thoughts. Had an exceptionally good day today, doesn't remember a thing about yesterday with PEG replacement, ER, combativeness (think he had an adverse reaction to a "calming" drug (Adiven, maybe).

Thank you so very much for all of your prayers and kind words. Please keep them coming. What a week - amazing the strength we have when needed (with the help of a wonderful family!!).

Love and thanks,

Elaine Grimmesey

Guest guest

Elaine,

Glad we were of help. Also glad things got straightened out finally.

Take care, Bill Werre

BandEGrimmesey@... wrote:

Thought

I was too tired to update, but after reading Bill's response re going directly

to rehab - I''m giving this a shot.

Guest guest

Elaine,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob. I know that it must be frustrating to you and to him. My husband and I do hope that he can be peaceful.

I have had major problems with some medications. For a long time, it was difficult for doctors to listen and understand, because they could not beleive that drugs that were perfectly good for others wpuld be so chaotic in my body, so I can sympathize with Bob on the medication reaction. It can be BAD!!!

We are Christians and always attended, participated, supported the church. We do understand that all of this is part of the great God's " plan " . I'll tell you, though, if one more person tells me so, I may throw up.

I read with interest your comment about Dr. Drager. I just want to know more about this whole thing. I also want this whole thing to disappear from this earth.

Whew, I did not realize that I was so angry until I reread my note to you. You will be in our prayers.

Best whishes,

Marilyn in TN

Guest guest

Elaine,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob. I know that it must be frustrating to you and to him. My husband and I do hope that he can be peaceful.

I have had major problems with some medications. For a long time, it was difficult for doctors to listen and understand, because they could not beleive that drugs that were perfectly good for others wpuld be so chaotic in my body, so I can sympathize with Bob on the medication reaction. It can be BAD!!!

We are Christians and always attended, participated, supported the church. We do understand that all of this is part of the great God's " plan " . I'll tell you, though, if one more person tells me so, I may throw up.

I read with interest your comment about Dr. Drager. I just want to know more about this whole thing. I also want this whole thing to disappear from this earth.

Whew, I did not realize that I was so angry until I reread my note to you. You will be in our prayers.

Best whishes,

Marilyn in TN

Guest guest

Elaine,

Best whishes,

Marilyn in TN