RemedySpot.com

notice of death

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all:

I haven't written any more than a couple times on this site, but I read it faithfully everyday as a source of comfort and information.

Not too long ago I wrote to tell you all a bit of personal information about my husband 's diagnosis in '98 and his history thus far with MSA. I was always looking for any helpful hints to deal with his swallowing difficulty and other aspects of the disease. He had gone into the hospital at the time for catheter problems, and remained there battling with pneumonia. Last week he had a great week and showed much improvement, however Friday March 8, he became nonresponsive and we were called to the hospital at 2am.

passed away surrounded by his family this past Sunday, March 10, 2002. His struggle is over now, but he will be forever missed. Hopefully some "good" can come from this disease in terms of research they will be able to conduct now on his brain tissue. Our prayer is that some information can be learned to help find a cure for this dreadful disease.

Thank you all for your sharing as it has made dealing with this disease as a caregiver a little less intimidating and given me a sense we are certainly not alone.

Sincerely,

Dorothy MacEwen