RemedySpot.com

ritalin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i've just been taking two 5 mg doses, breakfast and lunch for four days but feel more energetic, and move a little longer and feel less depressed. when i have more data i'll let you know, but suggest anyone sitting on the fence give it a try.

good luck, nancy spires

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hey Rosie, I know you are taking ritalin for staying awake just like me. I was wondering if you experience any side effects. I get hot and cold flashes. Sometimes I feel really cold like there is a blade of cold ice going right through the middle of my body and then other times I get hot flashes like there is a fire going through the middle of my body. I know this sounds really wierd, but I never had them until I started the ritalin. I can put up with them because I really love the way it keeps me alert during the day. I wish the doctor put me on this drug a long time ago. But I was just wondering if you had the same side effects. (I did experience the hot flashes once in awhile but I attributed that to perimenopause, this is a different kind of hot flash.)Its hard to explain. I will stop now , I sound like a

nut! Hugs, Debbie

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Debbi

I noticed the feverish feeling in m\y head last summer

after my treatment. Ive been calling it my chemo brain

because it showed up the worst after a ttreatment &

when the weather was pretty hot. This dump doesn't

have a window I can open & the a/c is crappy at best.

I pulled a Rose last year & had an ice pack secured to

my head using various clothing that was close to me.

Unfortunately it seems like we're going intto hot

weather quickly. So much for spring.

grannylunatic@...

Guest guest

Debbi

I noticed the feverish feeling in m\y head last summer

after my treatment. Ive been calling it my chemo brain

because it showed up the worst after a ttreatment &

when the weather was pretty hot. This dump doesn't

have a window I can open & the a/c is crappy at best.

I pulled a Rose last year & had an ice pack secured to

my head using various clothing that was close to me.

Unfortunately it seems like we're going intto hot

weather quickly. So much for spring.

grannylunatic@...

Guest guest

Hi , Maybe I should pull a Rose , huh? But how could I do it all over my body but sit in a tub of ice? lol What a thought! You are right, I don't look forward to the hot weather, I can tell it's going to make it worse. Debbie wrote: DebbiI noticed the feverish feeling in m\y head last summerafter my treatment. Ive been calling it my chemo brainbecause it showed up the worst after a ttreatment & when the weather was pretty hot. This dump doesn'thave a window I can open & the a/c is crappy at best.I pulled a Rose last year & had an ice pack secured tomy head using various clothing that was close to me.Unfortunately it seems like we're going intto hotweather

quickly. So much for spring.grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Uh, say , you do know that the Mamadawg Ice Bra is patented? Royalties are paid directly to me, please.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: RE: RitalinDate: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 05:25:16 -0700 (PDT)DebbiI noticed the feverish feeling in m\y head last summerafter my treatment. Ive been calling it my chemo brainbecause it showed up the worst after a ttreatment & when the weather was pretty hot. This dump doesn'thave a window I can open & the a/c is crappy at best.I pulled a Rose last year & had an ice pack secured tomy head using various clothing that was close to me.Unfortunately it seems like we're going intto hotweather quickly. So much for spring.grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Debbie, I'm glad the Ritalin is working for you. I haven't noticed any symptoms like you described associated with the Ritalin. I've had the heat intolerance, basically from the neck up, for about 3 years, long before I took Ritalin. I don't get the cold flashes. I also had hot flashes from menopause, and it was nothing like this heat. I carry my battery-powered fans everywhere, plus extra batteries. People laugh at me, but I can almost get into a panic attack digging through my tote bag looking for a fan when I get hot. Hopes this helps.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: RitalinDate: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:06:20 -0700 (PDT)Hey Rosie, I know you are taking ritalin for staying awake just like me. I was wondering if you experience any side effects. I get hot and cold flashes. Sometimes I feel really cold like there is a blade of cold ice going right through the middle of my body and then other times I get hot flashes like there is a fire going through the middle of my body. I know this sounds really wierd, but I never had them until I started the ritalin. I can put up with them because I really love the way it keeps me alert during the day. I wish the doctor put me on this drug a long time ago. But I was just wondering if you had the same side effects. (I did experience the hot flashes once in awhile but I attributed that to perimenopause, this is a different kind of hot flash.)Its hard to explain. I will stop now , I sound like a nut! Hugs, Debbie

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

You try that one out and let us know how it went - ok?

Terri G.

>

> how about one of those ballet unitards filled with

> ice? BRRRRRRRRR

>

>

> grannylunatic@...

>

> __________________________________________________

>