RemedySpot.com

ritalin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i've just been taking two 5 mg doses, breakfast and lunch for four days but feel more energetic, and move a little longer and feel less depressed. when i have more data i'll let you know, but suggest anyone sitting on the fence give it a try.

good luck, nancy spires

Guest guest

I completely understand, I would not be able to get through

the day without CNS stimulants. The two years before I did were

miserable and my decision making was so poor it regularly put me at great

risk. I think we have bigger things to concern ourselves with than

a 'possible dependance'.

Keep us posted. I find taking it once daily is just as effective as

twice daily . I find my extremities have better circulation in the

first four hours after taking it - which is why I schedule most of my

activities then.

At Wednesday 5/22/02 08:18 PM, you wrote:

i've

just been taking two 5 mg doses, breakfast and lunch for four days but

feel more energetic, and move a little longer and feel less

depressed. when i have more data i'll let you know, but suggest

anyone sitting on the fence give it a try.

good luck, nancy spires

aletta mes

vancouver, bc Canada

web:

http://aletta.0catch.com

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hey Rosie, I know you are taking ritalin for staying awake just like me. I was wondering if you experience any side effects. I get hot and cold flashes. Sometimes I feel really cold like there is a blade of cold ice going right through the middle of my body and then other times I get hot flashes like there is a fire going through the middle of my body. I know this sounds really wierd, but I never had them until I started the ritalin. I can put up with them because I really love the way it keeps me alert during the day. I wish the doctor put me on this drug a long time ago. But I was just wondering if you had the same side effects. (I did experience the hot flashes once in awhile but I attributed that to perimenopause, this is a different kind of hot flash.)Its hard to explain. I will stop now , I sound like a

nut! Hugs, Debbie

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Debbie

I'm not on Ritalin but my legs freeze & the rest of me

is burning up. I don't know if it's the Cytoxan or the

sarc but it's miserable.

grannylunatic@...

Guest guest

, Maybe it's not the Ritalin after all. It's just the wierdest sensations I have ever had. Thanks for your input . I appreciate it. I agree it is miserable. Hugs, Debbie wrote: DebbieI'm not on Ritalin but my legs freeze & the rest of meis burning up. I don't know if it's the Cytoxan or thesarc but it's miserable.grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

, Maybe it's not the Ritalin after all. It's just the wierdest sensations I have ever had. Thanks for your input . I appreciate it. I agree it is miserable. Hugs, Debbie wrote: DebbieI'm not on Ritalin but my legs freeze & the rest of meis burning up. I don't know if it's the Cytoxan or thesarc but it's miserable.grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Uh, say , you do know that the Mamadawg Ice Bra is patented? Royalties are paid directly to me, please.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: RE: RitalinDate: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 05:25:16 -0700 (PDT)DebbiI noticed the feverish feeling in m\y head last summerafter my treatment. Ive been calling it my chemo brainbecause it showed up the worst after a ttreatment & when the weather was pretty hot. This dump doesn'thave a window I can open & the a/c is crappy at best.I pulled a Rose last year & had an ice pack secured tomy head using various clothing that was close to me.Unfortunately it seems like we're going intto hotweather quickly. So much for spring.grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thanks Rose, Maybe its just me. I will have to mention it to my doctor, I guess. I hate to complain because it is giving me so much more energy. Hugs, DebbieRose wrote: Debbie, I'm glad the Ritalin is working for you. I haven't noticed any symptoms like you described associated with the Ritalin. I've had the heat intolerance, basically from the neck up, for about 3 years, long before I took Ritalin. I don't get the cold flashes. I also had hot flashes from menopause, and it was nothing like this heat. I carry my battery-powered fans everywhere, plus extra batteries. People laugh at me, but I can almost get into a panic attack digging

through my tote bag looking for a fan when I get hot. Hopes this helps. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: RitalinDate: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:06:20 -0700

(PDT)Hey Rosie, I know you are taking ritalin for staying awake just like me. I was wondering if you experience any side effects. I get hot and cold flashes. Sometimes I feel really cold like there is a blade of cold ice going right through the middle of my body and then other times I get hot flashes like there is a fire going through the middle of my body. I know this sounds really wierd, but I never had them until I started the ritalin. I can put up with them because I really love the way it keeps me alert during the day. I wish the doctor put me on this drug a long time ago. But I was just wondering if you had the same side effects. (I did experience the hot flashes once in awhile but I attributed that to perimenopause, this is a different kind of hot flash.)Its hard to explain. I will stop now , I sound

like a nut! Hugs, Debbie Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Thanks Rose, Maybe its just me. I will have to mention it to my doctor, I guess. I hate to complain because it is giving me so much more energy. Hugs, DebbieRose wrote: Debbie, I'm glad the Ritalin is working for you. I haven't noticed any symptoms like you described associated with the Ritalin. I've had the heat intolerance, basically from the neck up, for about 3 years, long before I took Ritalin. I don't get the cold flashes. I also had hot flashes from menopause, and it was nothing like this heat. I carry my battery-powered fans everywhere, plus extra batteries. People laugh at me, but I can almost get into a panic attack digging

through my tote bag looking for a fan when I get hot. Hopes this helps. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: RitalinDate: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:06:20 -0700

(PDT)Hey Rosie, I know you are taking ritalin for staying awake just like me. I was wondering if you experience any side effects. I get hot and cold flashes. Sometimes I feel really cold like there is a blade of cold ice going right through the middle of my body and then other times I get hot flashes like there is a fire going through the middle of my body. I know this sounds really wierd, but I never had them until I started the ritalin. I can put up with them because I really love the way it keeps me alert during the day. I wish the doctor put me on this drug a long time ago. But I was just wondering if you had the same side effects. (I did experience the hot flashes once in awhile but I attributed that to perimenopause, this is a different kind of hot flash.)Its hard to explain. I will stop now , I sound

like a nut! Hugs, Debbie Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database