File size:

2.78MB

License:

Free

Uninstaller included?:

Yes

Description

Our editors say:

ZoneAlarm installs easily. A simple setup wizard helps you configure standard Web applications, such as your e-mail client and Web browser, to access the Web without the need to fiddle with port addresses or proxy settings. After the wizard has finished doing its job, you're up and surfing. When other programs or processes attempt to access your Internet connection, a window pops up that prompts you to permit or deny access.

Of course, firewalls must protect you from incoming as well as outgoing traffic, and ZoneAlarm delivers. If an unknown outside source attempts a connection to your computer, the pop-up window alerts you to the intrusion and again prompts you to choose whether or not to grant access. Advanced users can configure these settings in the options window. Home users will have to watch the nag screen reminder while the program loads, but that's a small price to pay for this level of protection. Do yourself and your data a favor and install ZoneAlarm. Peace of mind has never been priced so right.Read CNET review

User Opinions

84%

16%

(86 votes)

You rate this title

Stanley Two Eagles:

"Superior Virus Scan"

My Tech son suggested Zone Alarm when I was unhappy with a brand name Purchased product. If you are disturbed by all that URL pinging at your site I suggest downloading Visual Zone, which is also provided free and compliments Zone Alarm. With just a click or two you will know who and where of the blocked URL with a Knock on your door. GRC and others cannot break down your wall, now that's security, and it's free!

Net Man:

"does the job"

As a cable modem user I have used Zone Alarm for well over a year, and it has blocked many, many attempts to detect or hack my systems, with 100% blocking success.

Read user opinions

Get help with downloads |

Software authors: Upload a file

Services:

CRM Update | Face-Offs | eBusiness Info | Price Drops | Applications | Hot Products | Tech Jobs

CNET Networks:

Builder |

CNET | GameSpot | mySimon | TechRepublic | ZDNet

About CNET Networks

About Us | Feedback | Your Privacy | Service Terms | Advertise

| ZDNet Jobs

Copyright © 2002 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. ZDNet is a registered service mark of CNET Networks, Inc. ZDNet Logo is service mark of CNET Networks, Inc.