RemedySpot.com

CPAP & Nebuilzer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well we got the CPAP and the Nebuilzer a few days ago. It only took us three months to get it. The Pulmonary doctor had been putting in for it since last Dec. It had been authorized, but the MD nurse hadn't been forwarding the authorization to the company for the CPap or the Nebuilzer, and also not sending it to the Pulmonary doctor. So It had been put in three different times. All were at Fred's MD office, but nothing was done with them. I found this out when I called to talk to his nurse and she was no longer working there and the new nurse said that they had all kinds of paper work on the two items there. After I got the authorization and called the company to set up an appointment for someone to come out and bring it to us. I was tolded that they didn't have it yet. So I called the nurse at the doctors office and she said she faxed it to them. So I called them back. Now I was tolded that they had part of it, but need to have a copy of the sleep test, to be able to set the stuff to what Fred need to have. So I then called the Pulmonary dr and his nurse said that she would take care of that and if Fred didn't have the items by the next day to call her back and she would take care of it. Meanwhile with him not having the items and the Pulmonary doctor not being able to see if they were doing Fred any good, we had to cancel the office call three times. By the next day I still hadn't heard from the company that was to supply the items, so I called them to set up an appointment again for them to come out and bring it to Fred. This time I was tolded that they got the fax, but they didn't supply our medical group with the kind of Nebuilzer that they wanted Fred on, so I called the Pulmonary 's Nurse again and tolded her what was going on, she said that she would call the medical group and then the company that the supply the cpap and the nebuilzer. The next day the nurse called and said that the company does have the type that they wanted and the medical group does get it from them. So I then call again to try for an appointment. One is set up and the company tell me that the nebuilzer will be covered, but that the cpap will be $75 a month because Secure Horizons has a copayment of $75 on anything over $100 and the cpap would be this way. So I tolded them that I still wanted it. They set up an appointment for the next day. After I got done setting up the appointment, I called Secure Horizons to check about the co payment and was tolded that Fred had 0 balance on a copayment for any DME as long as it was order and ok by the doctor. So I then called the company that was to bring the Cpap out and tolded them about the copayment. The woman said that Secure Horizons always had it where it had the copayment and asked me why they tolded me that we didn't. I tolded her that they didn't say what the reason was, but that he didn't have one. So the woman tolded me she was going to fax the stuff to secure horizons and see if it was true. A few minutes later the woman called and said that I was right Fred didn't have one because he retired under his company and they take care of the copayment and etc. (So you may want to check and see if you also have a copayment at times). Ok, the cpap and the Nebuilzer came the next day,only they didn't bring the medication for the nebuilzer. The guy gave me the phone number to call and ask them to send me out the medation . He said no problem that is all I would have to do. Wrong I did have another problem , they don't supply my medical group with the medation that needs to be used in the Nebuilzer. So I had to call the Pulmonary nurse and tell her what was going on now. She said " it always something with this group!" . Ok she asked for the phone number of where I get my med's for Fred. So we have everything now. Only Fred likes the nebuilzer, but not sure if his going to like the cpap. It is adjusted to the sleep study test on what pressure the doctor feels Fred needs. Fred has tried it for the last two nights and only will use it for 20minutes or so. He said it drys his mouth out and doesn't like that. Now his telling me his getting a cold and it's the cpap that is the cause. I know I'm Thursdays Child, but I sure get sick of having far to go all the time. Anyone out there with the cpap get a dry mouth also and what did you do for it. I could us some answer's to what to do for it. Have an appointment on the 25 for the Pulmonary doctor for Fred, so don't know if he'll be on the cpap after that. We shall see.

Take care Vera (Stress!!!!! what's stress?)