RemedySpot.com

Subject: Re: Bill's birthday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well I was kinda close to where you went... :o) It sound's like you had a really good birthday , even if you did all that driving. How different that had to be in restaurant. I'm glad that you had a good time and enjoyed. Then to have more fun today. Wow! what I want to know is how do you get a birthday two days in a roll? Some of us are lucky. :o)

I hope you find the house that you are looking for. I guess there are always a + & a - to everything. I know the grandkids will be a way's from you, but get a house that has the extra room for them to stay. Then you can still enjoy them for the week end and have a house that is paid off. I know you will work things out. You have alot to think about and plan right now, but it looks like things are getting better for you. Life does go on , doesn't it?

Take Care

Vera

Subject: Re: Bill's birthday

Vera,

Nope, we went to Gettysburg, PA not Philadelphia, PA. It went well and we ate in a restaurant that has been there since before the Civil War. The help was all dressed in period clothes and the menus seemed to be in Revolutionary days English :o) The food was good. They had a Civil War era menu which had steak at $0.07 per pound :o) Today's menu had it at about $36 per pound. Then we visited some retail outlet stores. It was a long day as I drove about 340 miles between noon Sat and 4 AM Sun. Earlier in the day, I looked at homes in New Freedom, Shrewsbury and stown, Pennsylvania. I am looking at selling my home and moving to PA as they have no state income tax on retirement income, which would save me about $1600 per year. Housing is much cheaper there also, my home is worth almost double here what it would be worth there, so I can upgrade and still not have a mortgage. Of course I would be about 90 minutes from the grandkids so that needs consideration too. But two of the grandkids may move to Florida and another one may move 150 miles south to a lake home, so I may be as well off in PA as here. Today, the kids took me out for my birthday and I did not get home until after 7 PM. Sorry I missed the chat.

Take care, Bill Werre -------------------------