RemedySpot.com

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Motorized w/c >Sally>Vera

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sally:

I wonder what makes us the way we are? Seem no matter what we always take on one more thing to do and do it with love. Along with taking care of Fred , I've been also watching my eighteen month old grand daughter. Sometimes it's one day a week then other times it's five days a week and then there are the over night's sometimes. This week it's been the five days plus an over night. You would think that would be enough for me to take on, but no Brett my son has asked me to watch his four kids for a few hours on Saturday 6am till 11am (ages 9,7, 5, 4 years ) that means that I not only have Fred , Hannah but my son's four to watch all at the same time. I'm not sure if I'm foolish or just mad, maybe a little of both, but when my son asked if I could watch them and it wouldn't be to much for me, I tolded him I'd be just fine. Thing is I am. I guess with everything that has gone on in my life, I've learned I can do it, God has shown me that. I've also learned how to keep all the kids busy. I have the kids garden , there they can play with all the little tike things, pot's and pans and they love to play that they are fixing me dinner. They also like to water everything (mostly ) They planted sunflowers and a tomtoes plant that will get ever little tomtoes on it. This week I'm going to do eggs and hide them, so they can have an egg hunt. We've also played like we've gone to the show, I get a movie , make popcorn , and have candy , drinks and make play money, I have them buy a ticket and they have to pay for the candy & etc. The time goes by so fast and they have so much fun. Thing is I enjoy it also. Guess I can be a kid again myself maybe. I've also seen you do what you have to and still be there to do what needs to get done. It's wise of you to get all the paper work done now and arrange everything that needs to be. We did it a few years ago. I didn't want to do it at first, but Fred pushed me into doing it. Now I'm glad that it' done. It was the one thing that I said Do I have to? No one want to think about it, but it does need to be done.

We will always be hanging in there Sally, because that is just us. Why I don't know, but we will never change. I guess we just care to much about other's . God gave us a heart this big and I think that is a good thing.

Love Vera

Vera

We are hanging on! I have both grandsons now, of course is in

school but I get him at 3:20 and get his homework done, feed him, and do

anything else that needs to be taken care of while rocking and feeding

Andy from 8-8:30 in the morning until 7 to 8 at night, depending on when

Jayme can get her accounts closed and get home.

Mother is sliding fast. I'm so bogged down with trying to get all her

papers in order. I am gaining on it. I'm trying to get all mine and

Jim's in order at the same time. Jim wasn't too excited about reviewing

wills, DNR's, Power of Attorney, etc but I told him to get his butt in

gear because it was going to be done so I could forget about it and not

worry that some lose ends were flapping in the breeze. I want to get

funeral arrangements made at the same time I get mother's done so that's

one more thing I can stop worrying about for the next 30 years. We have

several elderly friends who have no family that have named us as

caretaker/executors so I have been working with a couple of them to make

sure they have everything in order also.

You hang in there too, Vera. I know you don't get any more sleep than I

do and it's really starting to catch up with me. If we are really only

as old as we feel, then I'm coming up on 76 about now instead of 56.

Much Love

Sally