RemedySpot.com

Subject: short term memory

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Aletta:

Seem's like short term memory is going around here. I guess it's over stressed caregiver or maybe just caregiver burnout and need to do something for me. Sometimes short term memory is alright, as long as it doesn't get us hurt. Glad your short term memory isn't keeping you from watering the plants. You may not have much room for your garden, but boy what you did with the little space that you have. You got so much into a small space. Not everyone can do that and have it look so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Take Care

Vera

Date: Wed May 1, 2002 10:41 pm

Subject: short term memory

short term memory:

lost hundred in cash just dropping it (forgot it was in my hand)

left six bank cards in ABMs in the last year

set kitchen fires (forgot stove was on or mixed up which burner)

forgot important dates (birthdays etc.)

forget to take a sleeping pill and lie around till the sun comes up wondering why I cant sleep

forget to eat

forget to use the bathroom until it hurts and I'm nauseous

forget to pay bills

forget that I already paid bills and pay them again - budget crisis

forget where I am going

forget what bus I'm on, and have to check with driver

forget what day it is, luckily tend to show up early rather than late

leave notes and to do lists everywhere (quadriplicate everything)

forget which is hot and which is cold water tap

forget which way the knob needs to be turned to turn heat on and off (and can't tell by feeling) - relabelled in very large print

forget which key opens what

forget why I went to the store in the first place and buy things I already have bought the day before

have to wear house keys on my wrist so I don't leave them somewhere, same with bus pass

forget to return phone calls (my friends are well trained to take the initiative and and bug me about things, I don't take offence)

on a good day I can occasionally forget that I am not healthy, but I never forget that for which I have passion

never forget to water the plants, feed the pets, meet my daughters, how to paint, sculpt or cook

never forget my make-up

never forget to meet with friends

never forget to play with the computer

never forget to stretch and dance

never forget that this time comes only once and to experience it as fully as possible

no matter what happens, how I experience it is my choice, and I choose to have the best possible time

Looked through some of my inherited books on natural medicine (my great-aunt was a practicing homeopath), seems steaming my face over chamomile tea in the morning will loosen the crusts and reduce fluid buildup, less drying than using witchhazel. I'll try that tomorrow and keep you posted.

Have the heart rate of a rabbit right now, think I'll sit outside and have a cigarette (not because it is healthy, but because it reduces my anxiety having my heart rate go all over the place). Thanks for the humour. I don't remember if it was you or Tony with the take any one from any of three columns as a Shakespearian insult - I've misplaced it, please post it again.

Love y'all.

aletta mes

vancouver, bc Canada