RemedySpot.com

Boston Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've received a number of questions regarding the Boston conference, and want to answer as many as I can, and reach as many people as I can so I'll answer on the list.

I am hearing that people are getting better rates on the room by using the toll free Holiday Inn number for registering. I will call tomorrow and find out why this is, but as long as you get a room and it has the accommodations that you need, that's great. The toll free number is and the direct reservations number is .

Registration on Friday night will be starting somewhere around 7 - to give people time to check in and get settled, and will last as long as we do - probably about 10. It will be a casual get-together and social time.

Dr Freeman is arranging the panel for the Saturday session, and it will be done much the same as it has in the past. The panel will present information on relevant topics such as research, diagnosis, treatment options etc., and questions will be taken. This is always a wonderful source of information for everyone. One note, board member Dr. on from Vanderbilt will also be in attendance. I also know that Lyn Wood will be doing a short presentation on Hospice.

All food (breakfast, morning and afternoon snacks and lunch) have been planned to be easy to eat, and offering variety. All meals/snacks are buffet, but anyone who needs assistance will get it! Beverages will include coffee, soft drinks, juices and water. I tried to plan food that will please everyone.

The afternoon session is again planned for 3 breakout groups - patients, caregivers and other interested parties. Caregivers group can also include past caregivers (such as me.) Each group will have a facilitator to lead. These groups pretty much take the direction of the people who are present, so if there is a specific item you want addressed, it will be.

Sunday is a sharing session, for wrap-up and to finish any discussions that were incomplete on Saturday. We also have a short business meeting planned.

I realize this is still pretty vague, but I hope I've given you some idea of what to expect.

For those of you who've registered recently with Don and haven't received an acknowledgement, I know he's in Denver currently for the Wood lecture. I don't have a copy of his latest count, but if you are concerned that he didn't get your registration let me know at nantodd@..., and I will assemble a list and confirm with you.

Hugs,

Nan