RemedySpot.com

My Mom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks to all of you wonderful people who wrote to send support and

condolences on the loss of my Mother. I am blessed to have you all in

my life. It has been a better week this week - more under control in

every way. Your messages of strength and good wishes have helped so much.

Helene

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Rose

Prayers & good thoughts coming your way for your Mom.

Get some rest & see ya tomorrow...

grannylunatic@...

Guest guest

Rose

Prayers & good thoughts coming your way for your Mom.

Get some rest & see ya tomorrow...

grannylunatic@...

Guest guest

Good news. We just got home from the hospital & she doesn't have a blood clot. Still don't know what's causing the pain, but at least she won't have to take blood thinners. Thanks for thinking of us. Now as soon as I finish my email, I'm back to bed!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: my momDate: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:51:28 -0700 (PDT)RosePrayers & good thoughts coming your way for your Mom.Get some rest & see ya tomorrow...grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Good news. We just got home from the hospital & she doesn't have a blood clot. Still don't know what's causing the pain, but at least she won't have to take blood thinners. Thanks for thinking of us. Now as soon as I finish my email, I'm back to bed!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: my momDate: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:51:28 -0700 (PDT)RosePrayers & good thoughts coming your way for your Mom.Get some rest & see ya tomorrow...grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Ramblin' Rose

Guest guest

Rose, Prayers are on the way. Tell your mother that I am praying for her. LynneRose wrote: I'd appreciate some prayers & good thoughts this way. I had to take my mom to the E.R. tonight with pain in her leg. My mom is very stoic; doesn't believe in complaining. So I know when she complains, it really hurts. I was concerned about DVT--deep vein thrombosis. They couldn't do an ultrasound because of the late hour, but did a blood test called a D-dimer, which was negative. That made it less likely she has a clot, but still possible, so we're getting the ultrasound Sunday at 9am. She really

can't bear any weight on it. My daughter Ginny has been very helpful & (my 4yo grandson) is spending the night & has been really sweet. So I'll let y'all know something tomorrow. Sweet dreams. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try it now!

To My New Family

Love Lynne

Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on Yahoo! FareChase

Guest guest

Rose, Prayers are on the way. Tell your mother that I am praying for her. LynneRose wrote: I'd appreciate some prayers & good thoughts this way. I had to take my mom to the E.R. tonight with pain in her leg. My mom is very stoic; doesn't believe in complaining. So I know when she complains, it really hurts. I was concerned about DVT--deep vein thrombosis. They couldn't do an ultrasound because of the late hour, but did a blood test called a D-dimer, which was negative. That made it less likely she has a clot, but still possible, so we're getting the ultrasound Sunday at 9am. She really

can't bear any weight on it. My daughter Ginny has been very helpful & (my 4yo grandson) is spending the night & has been really sweet. So I'll let y'all know something tomorrow. Sweet dreams. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try it now!

To My New Family

Love Lynne

Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on Yahoo! FareChase

Guest guest

Rose, I am glad to hear your mom did not have a clot and that you are all back home o.k. Hope when she sees her regular doc he/she can run some other tests and see what the real problem is. I'll keep praying for your mom for this. hugs to both of you S.Rose wrote: Good news. We just got home from the hospital & she doesn't have a blood clot. Still don't know what's causing the pain, but at least she won't have to take blood thinners. Thanks for thinking of us. Now as soon as I finish my email, I'm back to bed! Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: my momDate: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:51:28 -0700 (PDT)RosePrayers & good thoughts coming your way for your Mom.Get some rest & see ya tomorrow...grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Rose, I am glad to hear your mom did not have a clot and that you are all back home o.k. Hope when she sees her regular doc he/she can run some other tests and see what the real problem is. I'll keep praying for your mom for this. hugs to both of you S.Rose wrote: Good news. We just got home from the hospital & she doesn't have a blood clot. Still don't know what's causing the pain, but at least she won't have to take blood thinners. Thanks for thinking of us. Now as soon as I finish my email, I'm back to bed! Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: my momDate: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:51:28 -0700 (PDT)RosePrayers & good thoughts coming your way for your Mom.Get some rest & see ya tomorrow...grannylunatic@...__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lynne, thank you & everyone else for remembering my mom. She went to the doctor today, after I called yesterday to tell them she was still having a lot of pain. They checked her potassium level because she has been on a diuretic. It's probably a muscle cramp or pull. She's a little better; still using the walker we rented, but putting more weight on her leg. I'm still not totally at ease with the situation. She so rarely complains of pain & minimizes any pain she does report . . . . plus her pulses are decreased in both feet, she's diabetic & doesn't remember to check her sugar like she's supposed to. I mean to check on her, but forget all about it. I can't even remember to check my own feet, which I need to because of the numbness, decreased pulse in one foot, and now probably diabetes. I have a large hand mirror right on my dresser where I put my glasses & hearing aid, so that I'll remember to check my feet, but it's like it's invisible! Do any of you with diabetes or other types of neuropathy have a way to remind you of this kind of stuff?

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: my momDate: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:11:04 -0700 (PDT)

Rose,

Prayers are on the way. Tell your mother that I am praying for her.

LynneRose wrote:

I'd appreciate some prayers & good thoughts this way. I had to take my mom to the E.R. tonight with pain in her leg. My mom is very stoic; doesn't believe in complaining. So I know when she complains, it really hurts. I was concerned about DVT--deep vein thrombosis. They couldn't do an ultrasound because of the late hour, but did a blood test called a D-dimer, which was negative. That made it less likely she has a clot, but still possible, so we're getting the ultrasound Sunday at 9am. She really can't bear any weight on it. My daughter Ginny has been very helpful & (my 4yo grandson) is spending the night & has been really sweet.

So I'll let y'all know something tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Ramblin' Rose

Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try it now!

To My New Family

Love Lynne

Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on Yahoo! FareChase ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Lynne, thank you & everyone else for remembering my mom. She went to the doctor today, after I called yesterday to tell them she was still having a lot of pain. They checked her potassium level because she has been on a diuretic. It's probably a muscle cramp or pull. She's a little better; still using the walker we rented, but putting more weight on her leg. I'm still not totally at ease with the situation. She so rarely complains of pain & minimizes any pain she does report . . . . plus her pulses are decreased in both feet, she's diabetic & doesn't remember to check her sugar like she's supposed to. I mean to check on her, but forget all about it. I can't even remember to check my own feet, which I need to because of the numbness, decreased pulse in one foot, and now probably diabetes. I have a large hand mirror right on my dresser where I put my glasses & hearing aid, so that I'll remember to check my feet, but it's like it's invisible! Do any of you with diabetes or other types of neuropathy have a way to remind you of this kind of stuff?

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: my momDate: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:11:04 -0700 (PDT)

Rose,

Prayers are on the way. Tell your mother that I am praying for her.

LynneRose wrote:

I'd appreciate some prayers & good thoughts this way. I had to take my mom to the E.R. tonight with pain in her leg. My mom is very stoic; doesn't believe in complaining. So I know when she complains, it really hurts. I was concerned about DVT--deep vein thrombosis. They couldn't do an ultrasound because of the late hour, but did a blood test called a D-dimer, which was negative. That made it less likely she has a clot, but still possible, so we're getting the ultrasound Sunday at 9am. She really can't bear any weight on it. My daughter Ginny has been very helpful & (my 4yo grandson) is spending the night & has been really sweet.

So I'll let y'all know something tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Ramblin' Rose

Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try it now!

To My New Family

Love Lynne

Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on Yahoo! FareChase ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database