RemedySpot.com

Subject: possible MSA of my father

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chris:

In the case of my husband , all the test that he had done didn't show up anything either. It took a year and about 8 different doctor's before we got the DX of what it could be, that was PD and then after being on the meds for the PD for 6 months they changed that to MSA.

It was scarry when we knew it was PD, and we'd just adjusted to it when the doctor said it was MSA and not PD. We were relieved at first because it wasn't PD and something else. What we didn't know and what the doctor didn't tell us was how awful the MSA was. I couldn't fine much on it at first, and I didn't have a pc at the time, so I didn't know what it was all about. My husband Fred asked our friend Jack to look it up on his pc. He did and when he found out what it was about didn't want to tell us. His wife tolded him that he needed to tell us because we had asked and we needed to know. So he did tell us, but with a very heavy heart. It was hard to read what we faced, but after awhile you adjust to it. I know it's still scarry because we don't know what it will be like day to day, but somehow you make it. Somedays are good or let's say better then other's and then there are somedays where you say alot of prayer's, but there is still a life that is worth taking care of and whatever God has in mind for us, we face together. You have to weigh for yourself if you want to tell the rest of your family. You know what they can or can't handel . If you do tell them , some of them maybe in denial with it also. We had that happen in our family and then you may have family and friends that won't want to be around. We've had that also. Then you'll fine out one more thing , how strong you can be when you didn't think you could be. Fred has tolded me that he has found out so much about me ,that he didn't see before he was sick. He said the other day that he didn't see the real me, the me that is always there for everyone no matter what has to be done. Maybe that is one thing that has came out of this illness that is good. We have become close. You will be like all of us here that are caregiver's do what has to be done, when it needs to bedone and do it with love.

God Bless

Vera

Subject: possible MSA of my father

Hi all!

its good to see that there is a group here at yahoo that allows

people to exchange their thoughts and experiences with MSA.

I´ve been looking up a lot about this disease lately because it seems

that my 58 year old father shows symptoms of it (slurred speech was

the first sign starting nearly 2 years ago, orthostatic hypotension

and some ataxia). The first docttor he went to 6 months ago said, its

just a low blood pressure problem; now another doc says its perhaps

MSA...

He has been in the hospital for a week so they could check out

things, but found nothing, they could just confirm the symptoms and

orthostatic hypotension. But as far as I can see, no matter what

diagnosis they'll come up with, it wont be good...

Since the low bloodpressue when standing really seems to be a problem

for him already , especially in the afternoon, he probably has to

give up his job very soon.

My mother and sisters are of course very nervous and afraid of what

lies ahead; MSA or ShyDrager seems to be a devastating desease in

many cases.

Since I´m the oldest sibling I feel somehow responsible for helping

them and dealing with the things that my father cannot deal anymore

(especially in the future), but I´m not sure how... I also dont know

if I should tell my family about the stuff I read on the internet

about MSA, I dont know if they can deal with that dark glipse in the

future...

thanks for reading, I just had to "talk" to someone :)

greetings from germany!

chris