RemedySpot.com

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Responsivness to children>Elaine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Elaine:

We have Bob in our prayers . I know how hard it is after they get the UTI's, Pneumonia and etc. Fred was so very weak after his and it took so much out of him. I hope that when Bob get's home that having the family and the grandkids around will help him. Most of the time Fred seems to enjoy the grandkids also, but this last week end was alot of stress on him and that wasn't good. our 3 year old grandson, who is always with his grandpa wanted to sit with grandpa when he was playing on his pc with some games. I had all the other four outside in the kids garden we were having a tea party. I heard the patio door open and then was outside saying grandpa didn't want him in the house anymore. I went to go in to see what had happen, but the door was locked and I could see Fred sitting in his chair, I could tell by the color of his face that his blood pressure was going up and here I couldn't get to him because the door was locked. He did sit there for awhile and make it out of the chair just enough to get to the patio door to unlock it. All he kept saying was he didn't want in the house anymore. had wanted to do something and grandpa tolded him no and started knocking things down and got Fred upset. So upset that the b/p did go up the voice went down. The one thing that I've learned from this, is not to be to far when the grandkids are around Fred. The stress wasn't good and he ended up with a very bad week end because of it. I talked to the grandkids and tolded them that grandpa isn't well and it's not good for him to be upset. I know the older one's understand, but not sure if the three year old did. I've tried the best that I could to make them know that it only hurt grandpa if they do things like that. I know now not to be to far out of range so I can step in if I need to.

Take care of yourself and rest when you can. The stress can get us down also.

Hugs

Vera

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Responsivness to children

This is so interesting - Bob also seems so much better when the grandchildren are around (4 years, 2 years, 1 year) He laughs, loves to listen to their patter, and just generally seems more "with it " when they are around him. Even in the Rehabilitation Institute (following heart attack - will come home next Tuesday) he seems to have a calmer look on his face when my daughter and two little ones, and son with the 1-year-old, are there. This surely says something about the power of love...feeling it, listening to it, responding to it. We are so richly blessed for having these gifts of life with which to present to him.

The childlren, also, feel very natural in the surroudings - love to visit Grandpa, have no hesitations about anything. The four-year-old did mention tonight that the hallways smelled like dirty diapers.....but she's used to that with her her 23-month-old brother! They love to have Grandpa visit "bones", (in his wheelchiar) a (fake) skeleton in the physical therapy area - he always pretends to be scared and lets out a "whoop" - what a guy - still hanging in their with his sense of humor.

Please continue your prayers for Bob - the heart attack, with the UTI and pneumonia a week previous, has really impacted his MSA symptoms.

Thank you, all

Love,

Elaine Grimmesey

Guest guest

I'm so sorry to hear about Fred. I do understand about the stress level, and there was one time that Bob did consent that it was time for the kids to leave - they were really being loud and active, so will keep this in consideration. It must be so hard for them to have to admit that they can't take this commotion - don't want to hurt the kids feelings, yet can feel the strain.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support - can never tell you how much this has meant to us throughout this past month. It's been a hard one!!

Love,

Elaine Grimmesey

Guest guest

I'm so sorry to hear about Fred. I do understand about the stress level, and there was one time that Bob did consent that it was time for the kids to leave - they were really being loud and active, so will keep this in consideration. It must be so hard for them to have to admit that they can't take this commotion - don't want to hurt the kids feelings, yet can feel the strain.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support - can never tell you how much this has meant to us throughout this past month. It's been a hard one!!

Love,

Elaine Grimmesey

Guest guest

Love,

Elaine Grimmesey