RemedySpot.com

One Mom's Quest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello there. You may know me as GirlNextDoor, TwinMomPlus, Ruth, 's mom, Zach & 's mom, or any number of names. I may have seen you in a chat room or played an online game with you. I may go to your church, work at your child's school, or live in your neighborhood. I may have received an email from someone you know and cut & pasted your address here. I may be related to you, closely or distantly. I may be your good friend, or perhaps we've never met.

Today I'm 's mom.

is my 11-year old son. As of this date, May 1, 2002, his doctor thinks he maybe has one month left to live. He's been fighting brain cancer for nearly three years, and his fight is coming to an end. It was a well-fought battle, and he is a courageous, inspiring little boy. He's been to hell and back. Rest for him will be welcome in many ways, although the void in my life and wound in my heart will never go away.

In his honor, a team called "'s Friends" was formed to participate in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. We held this year's Relay on April 26-27 here in Naples, Florida. Our team raised $5,000. My goal for next year is to double that to $10,000.

This is an ambitious goal for our small, family team. We don't have big corporate sponsors...we're comprised of families with small children. So I need your help. First, please send me a dollar for every healthy person in your family ('s Friends, 2338 Immokalee Road #210, Naples, FL 34110–checks may be made payable to "'s Trust"). Secondly, please forward this to everyone on your contact list and ask them to do the same. Simple as that! Official ACS receipts are available upon request.

Even though you don't know me personally, I assure you that every penny raised through this email campaign will be turned over to the ACS at next year's relay. I'm a mom with a mission, and I WILL raise that money to honor my little boy. The bigger picture is that one day, maybe no other families will have to go through this life-shattering hell.

Please email me all your questions, comments and ideas. Your assistance, input and donations are appreciated more than you know. I hope you don't think this is inappropriate, but I have an intense need to DO something, and this is about all I can do at the moment.

Ruth, aka TwinMomPlus aka GirlNextDoor

sFriends2003@...

Keep posted on our progress by visiting the 's Friends 2003 Website.

If that link doesn't work, cut & paste

ww.angelfire.com/fl5/ericsfriends2003.