RemedySpot.com

For the Aussies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Aussies in the Group: It seems that my mother has told her husband that if she had her choice between Costa Rica (a move he's been contemplating because of cheaper health care) and Australia, she would rather go to Australia. My sister lives in andra Headland, Queensland. My mother has lived "down under" before as a resident alien, so she knows what it's like to live there as a fairly healthy, employable individual. She has no idea, however, about health care for non-citizens with brain disorders, nor whether the govt. would even let her in the country on anything but a visitor's visa. My sister is now looking into things from the Aussie side. My mum, meanwhile, is experiencing a tremendous amount of pain and says she cannot foresee being able to come to Albuquerque, NM (where I live) from Las Vegas, NV (where she lives) for my daughter's high school graduation. Her pain clinic doctor recommended an epidural; she will try this in a week or so. He says that 3 treatments, 2 weeks apart, will make an extraordinary difference, and she won't have to take much pain medication in pill form. So, those of you in the land of Oz, do you have any feedback/suggestions regarding my mother's thoughts about moving to Australia to improve her health care situation? Would any of you be willing to contact my sister directly so I don't have to be a go-between? Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Penner