RemedySpot.com

Itching

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I had a lot of itching after my revision, but it was more like it was

internal itching. Very hard to explain, but was constantly scratching.

Apparently after my revision I had extreme cravings for cucumbers and

tomatoes. That's all I ate for a few weeks after the surgery. That's all

I wanted. Apparently I was having an allergic reaction to the tomatoes.

As soon as I stopped eating them, the itching went away. I can still eat

tomatoes, but not a few a day and not every day. What's that saying,

" anything in moderation is ok " .

I'm sure since your mother's surgery she has been eating differently,

but is she eating something in particular that she never really ate

before on a more regular basis? Could be the culprit.

Hope this helps you.

Regina

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Rose, it always helps my itching to get my car checked. Actually, I have that in my legs and I have scratched it while I was sleeping until it bled. The last time I was in the hospital for cellulitis it was caused by an infection at a site where that had happened. When I am awake I do all sorts of distraction therapy.That is when I spend lots of time on the computer trying to ignore it while I talk to you guys. I take cool baths. etc. I do all the old things that we used to do for itching, but of course we could scratch lotion, etc until the cows come back for their bag balm and we can never feel the intervention so the cycle can't be broken. I take Benadryl (Tylenol PM) every night but sometimes nothing helps.Barb J Rose wrote: Tracie, thanks for the suggestions, but this isn't skin that itches. It's part of the neuropathy; it's like a deep itch that you can't scratch. The only place I get it is the parts of my feet affected by the neuropathy & my right first finger, which has been numb for many years from carpal tunnel. It doesn't happen every day, but with no warning will start. Thank God it doesn't last more than 15-20 min. now, but I have a hunch it might get worse. I have a lot of other news, but I have to go get my car checked; will try to update & answer everyone's mail this evening. Rose >> > >

> > does the Lanocaine help the itching> > Rose,> Get some Neutrogena Swedish Formula Body Lotion. Then use the Neutrogena > soap--this is the one that works for me-- and if scents are a problem, they are > very low in the perfume. There is no alcohol in them--so you don't get that > drying effect. > > Also--have you tried the Colloidal Oatmeal-- ya know the stuff we sat in when > we'd get the chicken pox. A bathtub of that and you're good to go. > > One other thought-- (whew, a bunch of them tonight)-- how is the PH balance > of your hottub? Do you end up with alot of chlorine in it because of the > grandkids in it? Make sure it's in balance, or you won't be.> > hugs, me> Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.

Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

Rose, it always helps my itching to get my car checked. Actually, I have that in my legs and I have scratched it while I was sleeping until it bled. The last time I was in the hospital for cellulitis it was caused by an infection at a site where that had happened. When I am awake I do all sorts of distraction therapy.That is when I spend lots of time on the computer trying to ignore it while I talk to you guys. I take cool baths. etc. I do all the old things that we used to do for itching, but of course we could scratch lotion, etc until the cows come back for their bag balm and we can never feel the intervention so the cycle can't be broken. I take Benadryl (Tylenol PM) every night but sometimes nothing helps.Barb J Rose wrote: Tracie, thanks for the suggestions, but this isn't skin that itches. It's part of the neuropathy; it's like a deep itch that you can't scratch. The only place I get it is the parts of my feet affected by the neuropathy & my right first finger, which has been numb for many years from carpal tunnel. It doesn't happen every day, but with no warning will start. Thank God it doesn't last more than 15-20 min. now, but I have a hunch it might get worse. I have a lot of other news, but I have to go get my car checked; will try to update & answer everyone's mail this evening. Rose >> > >

> > does the Lanocaine help the itching> > Rose,> Get some Neutrogena Swedish Formula Body Lotion. Then use the Neutrogena > soap--this is the one that works for me-- and if scents are a problem, they are > very low in the perfume. There is no alcohol in them--so you don't get that > drying effect. > > Also--have you tried the Colloidal Oatmeal-- ya know the stuff we sat in when > we'd get the chicken pox. A bathtub of that and you're good to go. > > One other thought-- (whew, a bunch of them tonight)-- how is the PH balance > of your hottub? Do you end up with alot of chlorine in it because of the > grandkids in it? Make sure it's in balance, or you won't be.> > hugs, me> Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.

Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.