RemedySpot.com

Subject: Re: Lifting Techniques for Home Caregivers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lou:

When I came across this web page I knew it would help me and hoped that it would help other's here on the list. I knew how to get Fred up from the chair the way they showed, but not out of the bed. I know that the back can be hurt if it's not done right. We just got a hospital bed from someone my sister in law knew. They just gave it to us and it's funny we'd been looking at them and almost got one from a man that was selling one. The only reason we didn't get it was because I wanted to see if our insurance would get us one. They would , only thing is that the head and the feet lift on it, but not the whole bed. This one my sister in law called me about was one the whole bed will also go up, plus the rest-head & foot. Thing that is funny if that my sister in law couldn't think of anyone that needed one at the time her friend asked her if she knew someone that could use it? Then on the way home from work my sister in law said she hit her head with her hand and said "Oh! my God Fred can use it". Then called us right away. At first I tolded her our insurance would get us one, but then she said the bed also goes up , not just the head and feet. That will save your back from having to bend over Fred to lift him. So I said alright we would take it. Anything that helps me get him out without doing hurt to me is a God send. Not easy trying to move 256 lbs of man, when your a small woman.

I was really looking for something on the colon for my mother , when I found this. So it was just luck that I did come across it. Then it could of been God opening more doors for me. He seems to do that alot for me.

Take Care

Vera

Vera:

Those directions with pictures for caregivers look wonderful to me. We just redecorated the house with hospital bed, electrical recliner, hospital bed table, higher toilet seat, trapeze, and that monster of a hydraulic lift. And the motorized wheelchair is coming. I have a lot to learn abput the sheer mechanics of doing things. The most bothersome to me at this point is that for a day or two Sam can be quite well, (relatively speaking) walk around a block without stopping, and the next few days he can't raise from bed, get out of a chair or even walk a couple of steps. Not unexpected, of course, but the uncertainty of what to expect is troublesome to me. You certainly do a lot of research with good information to the group, and appear to manage well.

Thanks to everyone out there with their very practical advice I certainly do appreciate it. Lou ReynoldsAt