RemedySpot.com

RE: Responsivness to children>Elaine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Greetings All !

I apologize I have not posted recently. I am overwhelmed with work and did NOT feel well recently. It is interesting that I also notice my liquid content was not high enough to keep my urine a light color. I got VERY dizzy during that time. So, much so that on the worst day I twice had the chance to drive the porcelain steering wheel. Of course it took hiccups to trigger it! <snort! just my luck>

But I also find my vision is giving me fits recently. It's very hard to read more than I need to do for work. I am even finding watching TV is a real chore. My eyes just won't stay centered on what I want to watch.

Oh well ! We just adjust and adapt. Hence my recent request to work for an upgrade on my Dragon NaturallySpeaking software to Version 6 (from Version 5). A better text reader is included. That might be more necessary than I would like!

Also, I wanted to comment on issue about commotion and noise causing a problem.

Boy, oh, Boy! Do I ever understand this problem ! I can hardly ever manage attending Church. The commotion is WAY too much to bear. I also find restaurants unbearable. I often will put up with those for the sake of the family, but I usually attempt to go off prime time to avoid commotion.

It is very difficult to explain why this is difficult. But let me provide a few examples. Remember back to the first time you went to big, bustling city. Remember how confusing it was for a while? Remember your first airplane ride and a connection through a major hub? Remember how confusing it was for a while? Remember your first visit to a busy, large mall during Christmas shopping season? Remember how confusing it was for a while? Remember the first time you went to an amusement park, on a very busy and crowded day? Remember how confusing it was for a while?

It may be more likely you watched your younger children melt down in those situations. It's not a coincidence. It takes time to build the automatic processing routines within the cerebellum. Researchers are only now starting to discover how critical the cerebellum is to automatic processing of the world around us. A very good reference article on this is:

http://www.harvard-magazine.com/issues/mj99/sorcerer.html

It's a rather technical, but if you work at it, it is comprehensible.

Anyway, hope this finds everyone fairly well. I've noted the losses and prayed accordingly. For everyone, may God's grace and peace abound in your lives.

Regards,

=jbf=

B. Fisher