RemedySpot.com

Re: [Mike - one sided sneezes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mike,

Did one side of your nostril collapse? I'm serious.

later and hugs,

cindy

RE: RE: question to you

Vera,

The strap and the cpap together help. Without the strap i would open my mouth and mess up the airflow. Before I started the Parkinson.s meds I had days when breathing was hard, I think because my right side was so rigid even my chest muscles were into the act. I don't have trouble per se breathing in the evenings. The one thing the cpap machine did though was stir up my allergies. So I take claritin intermittently otherwise I would sneeze all day. And just to keep with the right sided theme only the right side of my nose wanted to sneeze.

But when I use the cpap, the strap and drink enough water I wake up in a lot better shape dry mouth wise. Before I had the cpap I used to take amitriptyline to help me sleep. Now that really gave me dry mouth throughout the day. I would be talking at work and literally get so dry I couldn't talk. I don't miss it. The cpap took a little getting used to but I can really tell the difference.

Mike Plunkett

-----Original Message-----From: FVJAMES@... Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 1:08 PMTo: shydrager Subject: RE: question to youMike:Some of Fred's dry mouth could be from the sleep apnea, but I think his is also from the meds. We're trying to get a Cpap machine for him, the Pulmonary doctor has put in for it twice, but nothing so far. So they are putting in for it again. We should of had the appointment for today to have seen the Pulmonary doctor, but because he doesn't have the cpap yet and the doctor wants to see how Fred does on it for awhile they cancelled the appointment for another week and 1/2. Did the cpap machine help with your dry mouth? Do you have trouble breathing during the evening at all before you even go to bed?Take CareVera ****************************************** Vera,This may be a bit different than Fred's dry mouth issue but here goes: I have sleep apnea and before treatment I would wake up with very thick mucous/saliva in my mouth and throat. Obviously (now) it was me breathing through my mouth and not swallowing that was doing it. So in addition to the cpap machine mask, they gave me an stretchable chin strap that fastens with velcro. It goes over the top of my head to keep my mouth shut (I have ignored my wife's suggestions to wear while I am awake). I notice a big difference in the morning. I can tell the nights that I have managed to still breath through my mouth some, I am significantly more sticky. Eating bagels or any wheat product was a problem because I couldn't swallow very well in the morning with the acumulated gunk in my throat.I can relate to the sense of smell problem. I went about 6 months last year with very little ability to smell. I first noticed it when we had a gas leak at work and I could barely detect it. Like everything else it comes and goes. The aggravating thing that at the time was that I could smell only when I had a migraine. My sense of taste sometime goes wacky but only for a day or two.Mike Plunket If you do not wish to belong to shydrager, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to shydrager-unsubscribe