RemedySpot.com

RE:Questions on after the infection...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Elaine:

It took Fred weeks before he was able to get around after his UTI and Pneumonia. It can really leave them weak. I hope that Bob will feel better soon. Nothing is a walk in the Park with the MSA. Sure keeps you on your toes.

Take care of yourself also.

Hugs Vera ( don't tell Barb I'm up still , I tolded her I'd go to bed)

Date: Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:25 pm

Subject: Re: Questions on "after the infection...

My daughter just asked about aspiration pneumonia reoccurence - thanks for answering, Bill. Bob has had a heck of a week and a half - his 1st UTI, his 1st pneumonia - but were cleared up by Friday (had small amount of fluid drained form lung) - and pulmonologist said o.k. to go away for (very easy - sit by the ocean) weekend. Just returned, and he's just not doing well. Since the infection, can hardly speak, can barely take a step with the walker, cannot seem to get things to his mouth, VERY slow in responding, yet all physical/cognigive signs o.k. - is this what you folks mean when infections "throw you for a loop?" I have a call in to neurologist....

I just spoke with doc - he says this is normal for having this type of infection - could be somewhat dysfunctional for days or even weeks - needs lots of rest. You guys really know your stuff!! He said it was like running out of gas and just running on oil, when system is out of whack to begin with. Also said that he could chew his pills (so I can crush them!) doesn't have to swallow them. At any rate, I'm so relieved - we give thanks for small things with this disease, don't we?

Thank you ,

Elaine Grimmesey