RemedySpot.com

Re: spasms - reply to Sharon's post, and to group -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon, my neurologist has blood work done when I have spasms, and often my serium potassium chloride is low.He prescribes foods high in potassium: bananas, avocados, etc.and gives me an Rx dose of very low potassium chloride withinstructions NOT to take more--ever!Good luck with this!Love and hope,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't

want to take anything that

will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back! Any home remedies you swear by?hugs SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Really? I have never had that sort of response to my spasms. I guess we are all different, aren't we?How are you doing n? How's Edna? SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. To: MSersLife Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 8:21 PM Subject: Re: spasms - reply to Sharon's post, and to group -

Sharon, my neurologist has blood work done when I have spasms, and often my serium potassium chloride is low.He prescribes foods high in potassium: bananas, avocados, etc.and gives me an Rx dose of very low potassium chloride withinstructions NOT to take more--ever!Good luck with this!Love and hope,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't

will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back! Any home remedies you swear by?hugs SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Really? I have never had that sort of response to my spasms. I guess we are all different, aren't we?How are you doing n? How's Edna? SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. To: MSersLife Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 8:21 PM Subject: Re: spasms - reply to Sharon's post, and to group -

Sharon, I am doing pretty well. Edna not so good. We had tocancel our day together; I will see her on the 5th or so. Also,some idiot rammed my car today--only metal damage--no injuries,but I have to deal with that, too. Edna is having severe memoryproblems; she is diabetic (non-compliant) and also has kidneydisease. I am very concerned about her. Her elder son has beena great help, and is doing all that he can--including getting her tothe doctor and to her pharmacy.Thank you for asking, Sharon.Love to you and to yours, and to all here with us,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday,

January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear about Edna. I hope she gets better. Your car...will insurance cover it? Is it drive able? So sorry you and Edna had to cancl your day

~*~ Hugs ~*~ Akiba ~*~

~*~ Pragmatic Visionary ~*~

-- bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!

I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't want to take anything that will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.

I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back!

Any home remedies you swear by?

hugs

SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

I'm sorry to hear the news that Edna is not doing well. Lousy news. Also lousy news about your car. You are able to drive it though? I would hate for you to not have the use of your little car! SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. To: MSersLife Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 10:43 PM Subject: Re: spasms - reply to Sharon's post, and to group -

Sharon, I am doing pretty well. Edna not so good. We had tocancel our day together; I will see her on the 5th or so. Also,some idiot rammed my car today--only metal damage--no injuries,but I have to deal with that, too. Edna is having severe memoryproblems; she is diabetic (non-compliant) and also has kidneydisease. I am very concerned about her. Her elder son has beena great help, and is doing all that he can--including getting her tothe doctor and to her pharmacy.Thank you for asking, Sharon.Love to you and to yours, and to all here with us,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday,

January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM