RemedySpot.com

Re: spasms - reply to Sharon's post, and to group -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon, my neurologist has blood work done when I have spasms, and often my serium potassium chloride is low.He prescribes foods high in potassium: bananas, avocados, etc.and gives me an Rx dose of very low potassium chloride withinstructions NOT to take more--ever!Good luck with this!Love and hope,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't

want to take anything that

will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back! Any home remedies you swear by?hugs SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Sharon, I am doing pretty well. Edna not so good. We had tocancel our day together; I will see her on the 5th or so. Also,some idiot rammed my car today--only metal damage--no injuries,but I have to deal with that, too. Edna is having severe memoryproblems; she is diabetic (non-compliant) and also has kidneydisease. I am very concerned about her. Her elder son has beena great help, and is doing all that he can--including getting her tothe doctor and to her pharmacy.Thank you for asking, Sharon.Love to you and to yours, and to all here with us,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday,

January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't

will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back! Any home remedies you swear by?hugs SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

I had/have with spasms. Eating foods like bananas, orange juice, etc did help some but exercise helped as well. As a matter of fact the spasms had gotten better by 50-75% or so but the are now getting worse since I slowed up on my workouts so now I need to get my butt started again...sigh*

So my lesson learned the hard way is to NOT stop exercise, balance sucks and feel like I have to start all over again. I've started back with my recumbent bike here at home until I can go back to my PT and use my free weights and machines. after I'm feeling more secure to start again.

We can do this right?

Hugs

Terri

Sharon, my neurologist has blood work done when I have spasms, and often my serium potassium chloride is low.He prescribes foods high in potassium: bananas, avocados, etc.and gives me an Rx dose of very low potassium chloride withinstructions NOT to take more--ever!Good luck with this!Love and hope,n

Many Healing Hugs

Terri

I had/have with spasms. Eating foods like bananas, orange juice, etc did help some but exercise helped as well. As a matter of fact the spasms had gotten better by 50-75% or so but the are now getting worse since I slowed up on my workouts so now I need to get my butt started again...sigh*

So my lesson learned the hard way is to NOT stop exercise, balance sucks and feel like I have to start all over again. I've started back with my recumbent bike here at home until I can go back to my PT and use my free weights and machines. after I'm feeling more secure to start again.

We can do this right?

Hugs

Terri

Sharon, my neurologist has blood work done when I have spasms, and often my serium potassium chloride is low.He prescribes foods high in potassium: bananas, avocados, etc.and gives me an Rx dose of very low potassium chloride withinstructions NOT to take more--ever!Good luck with this!Love and hope,n

Many Healing Hugs

Terri

n I am sorry to hear Edna is not doing well. She will be in my prayers.

I am glad no one was hurt when your car got hit.

Hugs

nne

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the

world "

" May the Lord Bless you and keep you,

May the Lord Make his face shine upon you, and give you Peace...Forever "

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://breastcancerpatientssoulmatesforlife.bravehost.com/

Anxiety Depression and Breast Cancer

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AnxietyDepressionandBreastCancer

Angel Feather Loomer

www.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.com

The Cancer Club

www.cancerclub.com

> bad spasms

> To: " Group " mserslife >

> Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I haven't had spasms in a long time.  Until this evening.  I got up

> from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg.  It " grabbed " me at the

> thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to

> my lower calf.  It hung on for about 10 minutes.  It is still painful and

> I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second.  I'm sure most of

> you know that feeling!

> I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years.  I do

> still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of

> those.  If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium.  I used

> to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen.  I prefer

> Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't

> want to take anything that

> will make me sleepy, you know?  I'm sleepy and tired enough already.

> I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth.  I just cannot go

> back!

>

> Any home remedies you swear by?

> hugs

>  Sharon

> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in

> spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in

> no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Share photos & screenshots in seconds...

TRY FREE IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if1

Works in all emails, instant messengers, blogs, forums and social networks.

n I am sorry to hear Edna is not doing well. She will be in my prayers.

I am glad no one was hurt when your car got hit.

Hugs

nne

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the

world "

" May the Lord Bless you and keep you,

May the Lord Make his face shine upon you, and give you Peace...Forever "

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://breastcancerpatientssoulmatesforlife.bravehost.com/

Anxiety Depression and Breast Cancer

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AnxietyDepressionandBreastCancer

Angel Feather Loomer

www.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.com

The Cancer Club

www.cancerclub.com

> bad spasms

> To: " Group " mserslife >

> Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I haven't had spasms in a long time.  Until this evening.  I got up

> from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg.  It " grabbed " me at the

> thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to

> my lower calf.  It hung on for about 10 minutes.  It is still painful and

> I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second.  I'm sure most of

> you know that feeling!

> I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years.  I do

> still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of

> those.  If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium.  I used

> to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen.  I prefer

> Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't

> want to take anything that

> will make me sleepy, you know?  I'm sleepy and tired enough already.

> I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth.  I just cannot go

> back!

>

> Any home remedies you swear by?

> hugs

>  Sharon

> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in

> spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in

> no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Share photos & screenshots in seconds...

TRY FREE IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if1

Works in all emails, instant messengers, blogs, forums and social networks.

I'm sorry to hear about Edna. I hope she gets better. Your car...will insurance cover it? Is it drive able? So sorry you and Edna had to cancl your day

~*~ Hugs ~*~ Akiba ~*~

~*~ Pragmatic Visionary ~*~

-- bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!

I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't want to take anything that will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.

I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back!

Any home remedies you swear by?

hugs

SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Wow, n, your new (to you) car? That's awful! I hope the jerk's insurance is going to cover the damages.I am so glad you were not injured, thank goodness! So sorry to read of Edna not doing well. Between you and her son, she is in good hands. And of course, her doctor(s) and pharmacy.That's too bad you had to cancel your jaunt.I hope you and she have a nice visit on the 5th, or thereabouts...love to you both, KateSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday,

Wow, n, your new (to you) car? That's awful! I hope the jerk's insurance is going to cover the damages.I am so glad you were not injured, thank goodness! So sorry to read of Edna not doing well. Between you and her son, she is in good hands. And of course, her doctor(s) and pharmacy.That's too bad you had to cancel your jaunt.I hope you and she have a nice visit on the 5th, or thereabouts...love to you both, KateSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday,

I'm sorry to hear the news that Edna is not doing well. Lousy news. Also lousy news about your car. You are able to drive it though? I would hate for you to not have the use of your little car! SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. To: MSersLife Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 10:43 PM Subject: Re: spasms - reply to Sharon's post, and to group -

Sharon, I am doing pretty well. Edna not so good. We had tocancel our day together; I will see her on the 5th or so. Also,some idiot rammed my car today--only metal damage--no injuries,but I have to deal with that, too. Edna is having severe memoryproblems; she is diabetic (non-compliant) and also has kidneydisease. I am very concerned about her. Her elder son has beena great help, and is doing all that he can--including getting her tothe doctor and to her pharmacy.Thank you for asking, Sharon.Love to you and to yours, and to all here with us,nSubject: bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday,

n, I'm so sorry about Edna and your car. I sure hope you manage to get together on the 5th or close to it. And if you have any suggestions about dealing with a non compliant diabetic, please share. I get so frustrated with .

It's almost like he's got a mindset that because he takes pills rather than insulin injections, it doesn't matter what he eats or drinks. It's frustrating ... hugs, Cait

bad spasmsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I haven't had spasms in a long time. Until this evening. I got up from the couch and a spasm hit my right leg. It "grabbed" me at the thigh just above my knee and then shot up to my upper thigh and down to my lower calf. It hung on for about 10 minutes. It is still painful and I feel I'm on the verge of another spasm any second. I'm sure most of you know that feeling!

I haven't been on any medication for any MS symptoms for two years. I do still have Baclofen and Neurontin but I don't want to take either of those. If I have more spasms I think I will ask for some Valium. I used to take Klonopin for the spasms before going on baclofen. I prefer Klonopin or Valium over Baclofen but I don't want to take anything that will make me sleepy, you know? I'm sleepy and tired enough already.

I stopped all MS meds because of my severe dry mouth. I just cannot go back!

Any home remedies you swear by?

hugs

SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.