RemedySpot.com

Question: How do you know: a virus or cholangitis attack?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chaim has had a fever (I believe 39.7 was the highest when monitored) for the past 3 and a half days now. He has also literally been in bed for the past 3 and half days now. There are no other symptoms, only the fever and of course lack of apetite. In the beginning he was a bit nauseous, but that feeling has left him. If he doesn't take paracetomol (I believe this is the equilvalent of tylenol) at the scheduled time, his fever stays, but when he does take it, about an hour or so later he breaks out in these excessive sweats, you know where everything around him is totally soaked. He has had a doctor examine him at home and now has just walked over to our family doctor this morning. The family doctor examined him and could find no signs of a normal virus (no redding in the ears or throat), no swelling of his stomach and liver seemed to be fine upon external examination. So the doc sent him home. Of

course this group is not to take the place of a doctor. But we are at a complete loss. What do you guys suggest? How does one know if it cholangitis or just a virus without blood tests? I would like him to call his heptalogist, he doesn't want to bother him with what seems to simply be a virus. Any suggestions are welcome. Ellen (wife of Chaim, PSC 2002, cholecystectomy 2006)

It surprises me that his family doctor would just send Chaim home. knowing his history, without a blood test, maybe some other tests and a perscription for some antibodies. I'd press for more testing you cannot do to much testing.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Chaim has had a fever (I believe 39.7 was the highest when monitored) for the past 3 and a half days now. He has also literally been in bed for the past 3 and half days now. There are no other symptoms, only the fever and of course lack of apetite. In the beginning he was a bit nauseous, but that feeling has left him. If he doesn't take paracetomol (I believe this is the equilvalent of tylenol) at the scheduled time, his fever stays, but when he does take it, about an hour or so later he breaks out in these excessive sweats, you know where everything around him is totally soaked.

He has had a doctor examine him at home and now has just walked over to our family doctor this morning. The family doctor examined him and could find no signs of a normal virus (no redding in the ears or throat), no swelling of his stomach and liver seemed to be fine upon external examination. So the doc sent him home.

Of course this group is not to take the place of a doctor. But we are at a complete loss. What do you guys suggest? How does one know if it cholangitis or just a virus without blood tests?

I would like him to call his heptalogist, he doesn't want to bother him with what seems to simply be a virus.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Ellen

(wife of Chaim, PSC 2002, cholecystectomy 2006)

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

It surprises me that his family doctor would just send Chaim home. knowing his history, without a blood test, maybe some other tests and a perscription for some antibodies. I'd press for more testing you cannot do to much testing.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Chaim has had a fever (I believe 39.7 was the highest when monitored) for the past 3 and a half days now. He has also literally been in bed for the past 3 and half days now. There are no other symptoms, only the fever and of course lack of apetite. In the beginning he was a bit nauseous, but that feeling has left him. If he doesn't take paracetomol (I believe this is the equilvalent of tylenol) at the scheduled time, his fever stays, but when he does take it, about an hour or so later he breaks out in these excessive sweats, you know where everything around him is totally soaked.

He has had a doctor examine him at home and now has just walked over to our family doctor this morning. The family doctor examined him and could find no signs of a normal virus (no redding in the ears or throat), no swelling of his stomach and liver seemed to be fine upon external examination. So the doc sent him home.

Of course this group is not to take the place of a doctor. But we are at a complete loss. What do you guys suggest? How does one know if it cholangitis or just a virus without blood tests?

I would like him to call his heptalogist, he doesn't want to bother him with what seems to simply be a virus.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Ellen

(wife of Chaim, PSC 2002, cholecystectomy 2006)

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Please keep us updated, you all are in my thoughts and prayers

Dawn

> I contacted both our family doc again after Chaim had been there and

> then I contacted his hep. and now he's in the hospital and will

receive

> antibiotics.

> His LFT's are normal, but the fever won't go down and of course his

> WBC's are high. I'm hoping the antibiotics will do their job and he

they

> won't jump into doing an ERCP....

> This " whatever it takes " stuff is so hard.

>

>

>

Ellen,

We’re all sending you our best wishes that the antibiotics will

solve Chaim’s problem. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you.

Ricky

PSC 2003

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of e_boermeester

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:32 AM

To:

Subject: Re: Question: How do you know: a virus or

cholangitis attack?

I contacted

both our family doc again after Chaim had been there and then I contacted his

hep. and now he's in the hospital and will receive antibiotics.

Ellen,

We’re all sending you our best wishes that the antibiotics will

solve Chaim’s problem. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you.

Ricky

PSC 2003

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of e_boermeester

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:32 AM

To:

Subject: Re: Question: How do you know: a virus or

cholangitis attack?

I contacted

both our family doc again after Chaim had been there and then I contacted his

hep. and now he's in the hospital and will receive antibiotics.

Hi Chaim and Eilen,

Thinking of you both and hope all will be well soon.

Best wishes from the bottom of the world in New Zealand

>

> Ellen,

>

> We're all sending you our best wishes that the antibiotics will solve

> Chaim's problem. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you.

>

> Ricky

>

> PSC 2003

Wishing Chaim a refuah shelamah. rachel and alex sassoone_boermeester wrote: I contacted both our family doc again after Chaim had been there and then I contacted his hep. and now he's in the hospital and will receive antibiotics. His LFT's are normal, but the fever won't go down and of course his WBC's are high. I'm hoping the antibiotics will do their job and he they won't jump into doing an ERCP....This "whatever it takes" stuff is so hard.> >> > Chaim has had a fever (I believe 39.7 was the highest when monitored)> > for the past 3 and a half days now. He has also literally been in bed for> > the past 3 and half days now. There are no other symptoms, only the fever> > and of course lack of apetite. In the beginning he was a bit nauseous, but> > that feeling has left him. If he doesn't take paracetomol (I believe this is> > the equilvalent of tylenol) at the scheduled time, his

fever stays, but when> > he does take it, about an hour or so later he breaks out in these excessive> > sweats, you know where everything around him is totally soaked.> >> > He has had a doctor examine him at home and now has just walked over to our> > family doctor this morning. The family doctor examined him and could find no> > signs of a normal virus (no redding in the ears or throat), no swelling of> > his stomach and liver seemed to be fine upon external examination. So the> > doc sent him home.> >> > Of course this group is not to take the place of a doctor. But we are at a> > complete loss. What do you guys suggest? How does one know if it cholangitis> > or just a virus without blood tests?> > I would like him to call his heptalogist, he doesn't want to bother him> > with what seems to simply be a virus.> > Any

suggestions are welcome.> >> > Ellen> >> >> > (wife of Chaim, PSC 2002, cholecystectomy 2006)> >> > > >> > > > -- > Ian Cribb P.Eng.> >