RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2008 05:17 PM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thursday 13th NovemberWhat a few days. and I sat around the hospital all day Tuesday, having done an ultrasound on the liver at 9am, finally getting a bed for biopsy at 4pm. The dr was supposed to do it between 5 and 6pm.......7:30 I went and hassled them again. I suspect he had actually forgotten, but he got it done nevertheless.

No results yet, althoug a preliminary one of not immediate acute rejection came back, so we don't have to do anything before Monday, just recover.I had a few problems with blood pressure through the night afterwards, and so was kept in an extra night to ensure the internal bleeding around the liver stopped. They assure me that everything went fine, although a more painful test still hasn't been invented. I thought in the past it was me just being a sook, but no, I am still unable to breathe properly (48 hours later). It will improve over the next few days, but no swimming or tennis for me!

I had a fairly social hospital stay, with another transplant friend also in there (for an infection that was getting better, so we chatted lots), and then received a surprise visit from my donor siblings to check on me. One drove over 40km, picking the other one up on the way. I was so impressed I even shared my cheer up chocolate with them (that I'd bought when they told me I had to stay another night).

Thanks for your enquiries.Katharine, I'm so jealous of your new kitchen, I would love one (and bathroom....). Jane, have fun oiling the floor. Just make sure it wont mark your new quilts when they 'drape' off your new machine.

Take care everyone,Lots of love Penny T