RemedySpot.com

*NEW* Mayo High Dose Urso Study

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was a participant in the original High Dose Urso study that was

recently cancelled. Now, there has been a change to the study and it

has been reapproved and they're seeking a new 150 participants. I

was contacted again to participate and I'm mulling over the prospect.

When I was on the study I had mildly elevated Alk phospahte, AST, and

ALT. It did not improve during the study - no suprise - since I was

on placebo. There were plenty of tests, ERCP's at 2 year intervals,

EGD's, liver biopsies, abdominal ultrasounds and I was completely

asymptomatic stage 1 during the trial period.

Now, I think I've had my first attack and became mildly jaundiced at

one point in the last few weeks and then bilirubin levels quickly

returned to normal. This was a scare for me and since I'm not

currently on any drugs, I'm considering asking my GI for

recommendations on Urso. This also means that if he recommends Urso

it will be hard to take the 50/50 chance on getting drug or placebo

in the trial if I choose to participate again. Is anyone else in the

same situation? Do you dread the additional testing required and

dislike the 50/50 odds of drug vs. placebo?

Rick

I don't know if high dose makes a difference, however there is no reason that your doc can't prescribe usro at the studies levelSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:13:06 -0000To: < >Subject: *NEW* Mayo High Dose Urso Study I was a participant in the original High Dose Urso study that was recently cancelled. Now, there has been a change to the study and it has been reapproved and they're seeking a new 150 participants. I was contacted again to participate and I'm mulling over the prospect. When I was on the study I had mildly elevated Alk phospahte, AST, and ALT. It did not improve during the study - no suprise - since I was on placebo. There were plenty of tests, ERCP's at 2 year intervals, EGD's, liver biopsies, abdominal ultrasounds and I was completely asymptomatic stage 1 during the trial period. Now, I think I've had my first attack and became mildly jaundiced at one point in the last few weeks and then bilirubin levels quickly returned to normal. This was a scare for me and since I'm not currently on any drugs, I'm considering asking my GI for recommendations on Urso. This also means that if he recommends Urso it will be hard to take the 50/50 chance on getting drug or placebo in the trial if I choose to participate again. Is anyone else in the same situation? Do you dread the additional testing required and dislike the 50/50 odds of drug vs. placebo? Rick

I might be interested in participating in the trial. I'm 25 and asymptomatic...I was diagnosed by a doctor at the mayo clinic in ville about a year and a half ago. I've been on high dose Urso for almost a year now- does that matter? If anyone knows how I would sign up to be considered as a participant, please let me know. Thanks!!

To: Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 3:13:06 PMSubject: *NEW* Mayo High Dose Urso Study

I was a participant in the original High Dose Urso study that was recently cancelled. Now, there has been a change to the study and it has been reapproved and they're seeking a new 150 participants. I was contacted again to participate and I'm mulling over the prospect.When I was on the study I had mildly elevated Alk phospahte, AST, and ALT. It did not improve during the study - no suprise - since I was on placebo. There were plenty of tests, ERCP's at 2 year intervals, EGD's, liver biopsies, abdominal ultrasounds and I was completely asymptomatic stage 1 during the trial period. Now, I think I've had my first attack and became mildly jaundiced at one point in the last few weeks and then bilirubin levels quickly returned to normal. This was a scare for me and since I'm not currently on any drugs, I'm considering asking my GI for recommendations on Urso. This also means that if he recommends

Urso it will be hard to take the 50/50 chance on getting drug or placebo in the trial if I choose to participate again. Is anyone else in the same situation? Do you dread the additional testing required and dislike the 50/50 odds of drug vs. placebo?Rick