RemedySpot.com

C dif???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea what all this means! CathySent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:11:22 -0600To: < >Subject: Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous. Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their transplants. “The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this donor to be an acceptable organ donor,” Frederick Hovde, an attorney for one of the patient’s families, explained to The Indianapolis Star………. http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patient-deaths/ Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes! Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

Is he on alot of antibiotics for the Pneumonia??? It is caused from the

antibiotics killing the good bacteria and the bad. My sister was just

released after one week in and she must still stay home from work another

week so that she is not around germs. My grandmother also got it once. They

told my sister she must not do anything other than go home. My mother went

to her house to help take care of her and do her shopping and such as my

sister is not to leave the house once she gets there and NO visitors.

a in Pa

father Clyde PSC

> My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I

wanted

> to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not

> him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea

> what all this means! Cathy

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

> Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths

>

>

> Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement

> Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous.

> Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their

> transplants.

> " The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies

> in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this

> donor to be an acceptable organ donor, " Frederick Hovde, an attorney for

> one of the patient's families, explained to The Indianapolis Star....

> http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patie

> nt-deaths/

>

>

> Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

> Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

>

>

>

>

Is he on alot of antibiotics for the Pneumonia??? It is caused from the

antibiotics killing the good bacteria and the bad. My sister was just

released after one week in and she must still stay home from work another

week so that she is not around germs. My grandmother also got it once. They

told my sister she must not do anything other than go home. My mother went

to her house to help take care of her and do her shopping and such as my

sister is not to leave the house once she gets there and NO visitors.

a in Pa

father Clyde PSC

> My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I

wanted

> to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not

> him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea

> what all this means! Cathy

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

> Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths

>

>

> Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement

> Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous.

> Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their

> transplants.

> " The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies

> in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this

> donor to be an acceptable organ donor, " Frederick Hovde, an attorney for

> one of the patient's families, explained to The Indianapolis Star....

> http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patie

> nt-deaths/

>

>

> Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

> Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

>

>

>

>

Yes he was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia and then he was released and then 3 days later he got a 104 fever and went back to er and then he had pneumonia on the other lung so they have him stronger antibiotics and then he got the c dif! The icu and isolation just made me nervous!Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:39:42 -0500To: < >Subject: Re: C dif??? Is he on alot of antibiotics for the Pneumonia??? It is caused from the antibiotics killing the good bacteria and the bad. My sister was just released after one week in and she must still stay home from work another week so that she is not around germs. My grandmother also got it once. They told my sister she must not do anything other than go home. My mother went to her house to help take care of her and do her shopping and such as my sister is not to leave the house once she gets there and NO visitors. a in Pa father Clyde PSC > My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted > to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not > him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea > what all this means! Cathy > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry > > Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths > > > Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement > Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous. > Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their > transplants. > " The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies > in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this > donor to be an acceptable organ donor, " Frederick Hovde, an attorney for > one of the patient's families, explained to The Indianapolis Star.... > http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patie > nt-deaths/ > > > Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes! > Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas > > > >

Yes he was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia and then he was released and then 3 days later he got a 104 fever and went back to er and then he had pneumonia on the other lung so they have him stronger antibiotics and then he got the c dif! The icu and isolation just made me nervous!Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:39:42 -0500To: < >Subject: Re: C dif??? Is he on alot of antibiotics for the Pneumonia??? It is caused from the antibiotics killing the good bacteria and the bad. My sister was just released after one week in and she must still stay home from work another week so that she is not around germs. My grandmother also got it once. They told my sister she must not do anything other than go home. My mother went to her house to help take care of her and do her shopping and such as my sister is not to leave the house once she gets there and NO visitors. a in Pa father Clyde PSC > My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted > to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not > him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea > what all this means! Cathy > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry > > Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths > > > Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement > Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous. > Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their > transplants. > " The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies > in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this > donor to be an acceptable organ donor, " Frederick Hovde, an attorney for > one of the patient's families, explained to The Indianapolis Star.... > http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patie > nt-deaths/ > > > Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes! > Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas > > > >

Cathy,

I had C-Diff in the past and my understanding is that it occurs when a lot of antibiotics are given, which in turns kills all bacteria, even the type that is supposed to be in your intestine. They gave me IV medication and it cleared up pretty quick. I'll be praying that the same is true for your son!

(MO)

Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths

Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous. Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their transplants.

“The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this donor to be an acceptable organ donor,†Frederick Hovde, an attorney for one of the patient’s families, explained to The Indianapolis Star……….

http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patient-deaths/

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

Cathy,

I had C-Diff in the past and my understanding is that it occurs when a lot of antibiotics are given, which in turns kills all bacteria, even the type that is supposed to be in your intestine. They gave me IV medication and it cleared up pretty quick. I'll be praying that the same is true for your son!

(MO)

Organ Transplants Responsible for Patient Deaths

Two families in Indiana are suing the Indiana Organ Procurement Organization for giving their loved ones organs that were cancerous. Both patients, who received organs from the same donor, died after their transplants.

“The question is how could this happen, obviously, and the answer lies in what was actually done in the testing and evaluation to qualify this donor to be an acceptable organ donor,†Frederick Hovde, an attorney for one of the patient’s families, explained to The Indianapolis Star……….

http://www.encouraginghealth.com/organ-transplants-responsible-for-patient-deaths/

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

It is related to antibiotics, but also sanitation. This is a little disgusting,

but see this article:

" New Report Shows High C-difficile Infection Rates in U.S. Hospitals "

AUSTIN, Texas, Nov 11, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/

http://tinyurl.com/5h64hq

Arne

---- Cathywith5boys@... wrote:

=============

My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted to

ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not him but

you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea what all this

means! Cathy

It is related to antibiotics, but also sanitation. This is a little disgusting,

but see this article:

" New Report Shows High C-difficile Infection Rates in U.S. Hospitals "

Arne

---- Cathywith5boys@... wrote:

=============

My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted to

ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not him but

you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea what all this

means! Cathy

I too had C-Diff in April of this year. I had been on antibiotics and

was hospitalized due to dehydration and then tested positive for C-

diff. I was put into isolation at the hospital as well. I was told

the same that the antibiotics kill the good and the bad bacteria. I

was discharged once things were under control and being the mother of

two elementary age children, I was told to use a seperate bathroom and

to do a lot of hand washing. I was not required to be in isolation

once I returned home. Normal everyday germ prevention was what I was

advised to follow. A week later I was retested and tested negative.

I pray all goes well and from experience I will tell you it will go

well and this too shall pass!!

Blessings,

Tammy

I too had C-Diff in April of this year. I had been on antibiotics and

was hospitalized due to dehydration and then tested positive for C-

diff. I was put into isolation at the hospital as well. I was told

the same that the antibiotics kill the good and the bad bacteria. I

was discharged once things were under control and being the mother of

two elementary age children, I was told to use a seperate bathroom and

to do a lot of hand washing. I was not required to be in isolation

once I returned home. Normal everyday germ prevention was what I was

advised to follow. A week later I was retested and tested negative.

I pray all goes well and from experience I will tell you it will go

well and this too shall pass!!

Blessings,

Tammy

C-diff is a natural bacteria in the intestines, but it can over take

the good bacteria especially if the pt is on antibiotics. The only way

to get it off the skin so not to transfer it to someone else is to wash

with soap and running water, hand cleaners etc does not kill this

bacteria.

5/07 PSC, Listed

C-diff is a natural bacteria in the intestines, but it can over take

the good bacteria especially if the pt is on antibiotics. The only way

to get it off the skin so not to transfer it to someone else is to wash

with soap and running water, hand cleaners etc does not kill this

bacteria.

5/07 PSC, Listed

Thanks Arne. That was an eye opener article. And having spent 2 weeks in the hospital, I can tell you that hospitals are not as clean as they should be. I wondered if the buttons on the bed (raising and lowering the bed, for example) were properly cleaned. Also, I had IVs in my hand, which meant I couldn't wash that hand with soap & water, yet I had to wipe myself after using the toilet. I used the alcohol based disinfectant, thinking that would do the job, but apparently not. They kept checking me for c. diff, but I didn't get it. I'm at very high risk for it, and it can be deadly.Marie

To: From: stonehollowmn@...Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:45:35 -0600Subject: Re: C dif???

It is related to antibiotics, but also sanitation. This is a little disgusting, but see this article:

"New Report Shows High C-difficile Infection Rates in U.S. Hospitals"

Arne

---- Cathywith5boys (AT) cs (DOT) com wrote:

=============

My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea what all this means! Cathy

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Thanks Arne. That was an eye opener article. And having spent 2 weeks in the hospital, I can tell you that hospitals are not as clean as they should be. I wondered if the buttons on the bed (raising and lowering the bed, for example) were properly cleaned. Also, I had IVs in my hand, which meant I couldn't wash that hand with soap & water, yet I had to wipe myself after using the toilet. I used the alcohol based disinfectant, thinking that would do the job, but apparently not. They kept checking me for c. diff, but I didn't get it. I'm at very high risk for it, and it can be deadly.Marie

To: From: stonehollowmn@...Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:45:35 -0600Subject: Re: C dif???

It is related to antibiotics, but also sanitation. This is a little disgusting, but see this article:

Arne

=============

My son is in the icu in isolation because of pneumonia and c dif! I wanted to ask all of you what you might know about it! I am the one with psc not him but you all are so knowledgeable I thought you could give me a idea what all this means! Cathy

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Arne

=============