RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2008 03:29 PM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Monday 17th NovemberTime for a new colour theme, in line with Ali already decorating her Christmas tree!!! I guess we are lucky to have nice evergreen plastic ones here in Australia!!

Today at clinic was a bit weird. I was asked to see the head surgeon fellow, and he asked how I was. He was totally unaware of last week's drama, raised lft's, biopsy from hell, no recovery until saturday, and even then it was unconvincing until yesterday! Liver biopsies are supposed to hurt, but only for a day or so, not a week!!!

Anyway, the report was back and the only part I understood was the line that said no rejection. It was interesting because it made them go back and compare the samples to both my original liver, and the biopsies taken of the new liver before transplantation. I got a much better report about my original liver, and apparently (this is for the PSC'ers and CVIDer's..you know who you are) the original problem was Nodular regenerative hyperplasia, commonly found in immunocompromised people!!! how about that! Not PSC at all! Now all they can say was 'these things happen' about my last weeks results.

Of course none of this should affect me now, it's time to get on with life, organising Christmas, getting the last two weeks of school finished, rsvping to concerts, lunches, swimming carnivals and of course the obligatory booklist rush as they have to be in before Nov 26th for delivery midway through January!!!

This is all around the massive storm we had last night, great fun for everyone. We were up at 5:30am this morning cooking coffee and egg sandwiches on the bbq for a couple of sparkies Dan found up the road who had been working all night with our power lines! We lost a couple of trees, but not important ones, just means we have firewood for next winter (with Dan using his trusty chainsaw). We got power back on at lunchtime today, and I got home to find Dan's mum had been, and not only done our dishes by hand, but taken all our dirty washing away, not knowing how long we would be in darkness. What a gem!!

SO, life is good yet again, I'm sorry and Danny we didn't get to see you on Saturday, hope the land looking went well.Hope all is well in everyone's neck of the woods,Lots of love Penny