RemedySpot.com

Update from Kathy re:Tom - WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2008 08:58 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Unfortunately we didn't receive a report on the ultrasound before I left today, but I figure no news is good news. Tom was sore this afternoon and evening in the area of the liver. I don't know if that was from the ultrasound or from 'natural bodily functions'. He seemed to have a little more pain in general today. I think they've pulled back a little on the pain medications, so maybe that has contributed to the increased pain. I spoke to one of his previous nurses, and she said that it is very common for them to have some rough days about a week after surgery.

The move into the new ICU was not particularly smooth. They had not set up the rooms at all before they moved the patients into them. It was frustrating for the nursing staff, and for the patients. Tom still has his own room, but the toilet doesn't flush and no plumber had come yet by the time I left. Fortunately he can manage without that for awhile.

Larry's recovery continues to be frustratingly slow (in his opinion). He's definitely ready to go home, but they need to keep him for a few days. Please pray that he turns the corner on his recovery so he can go home and be more comfortable. Through it all he is still amazingly convinced that this was the right thing to do. I really admire him and Debbie too. What a great sacrifice they have both made. It's so hard to see someone you love having to deal with pain...please make sure you keep Debbie in your prayers also.

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Thank you all for your continued support.Kathy

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler