RemedySpot.com

Frequency of Cholangitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how often people here in the group have a cholangitis

epispode and the various symptoms they have.

I know that it's extremely individual, nevertheless, I think it's

important to have the bigger picture.

I'm particular interested in those who do NOT have UC.

Thank you,

Ellen

Seem to have them every few months or so. to start with it is just a

feeling of being run down over tried and feeling off colour then I get

pain under the ribs on the right side,chills,fever and hot and cold

sweats I usually get a high temperature as well but I didn't with my

last attack.

it will be interesting to see what others say.

Seem to have them every few months or so. to start with it is just a

feeling of being run down over tried and feeling off colour then I get

pain under the ribs on the right side,chills,fever and hot and cold

sweats I usually get a high temperature as well but I didn't with my

last attack.

it will be interesting to see what others say.

Ellen,For my first year after diagnosis I had cholangitis episodes every few months. Unfortunately since Sept I have had 4 episodes. The episodes have become frequent and severe enough that my gastro has now put me on a daily dose of antibiotics to try to minimize them.My symptoms are usually a fever, bad chills, nausea w/ the inability to eat and RUQ pain. I do not have UC or Crohns.Hope this helps.DarcySent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "e_boermeester" Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:06:05 -0000To: < >Subject: Frequency of Cholangitis Hi everyone, I was wondering how often people here in the group have a cholangitis epispode and the various symptoms they have. I know that it's extremely individual, nevertheless, I think it's important to have the bigger picture. I'm particular interested in those who do NOT have UC. Thank you, Ellen

Ellen,For my first year after diagnosis I had cholangitis episodes every few months. Unfortunately since Sept I have had 4 episodes. The episodes have become frequent and severe enough that my gastro has now put me on a daily dose of antibiotics to try to minimize them.My symptoms are usually a fever, bad chills, nausea w/ the inability to eat and RUQ pain. I do not have UC or Crohns.Hope this helps.DarcySent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "e_boermeester" Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:06:05 -0000To: < >Subject: Frequency of Cholangitis Hi everyone, I was wondering how often people here in the group have a cholangitis epispode and the various symptoms they have. I know that it's extremely individual, nevertheless, I think it's important to have the bigger picture. I'm particular interested in those who do NOT have UC. Thank you, Ellen

Ellen,

My husband has never had a cholangitis attack that we know of. Hepatic Encephalogy is entirely a different story.

LOVE & LIGHT

Barbara (Wife of , PSC'07, HE, Chronic Pancr, Osteo, Diabetes, Listed)

Subject: Frequency of CholangitisTo: Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 12:06 AM

Hi everyone,I was wondering how often people here in the group have a cholangitis epispode and the various symptoms they have.I know that it's extremely individual, nevertheless, I think it's important to have the bigger picture.I'm particular interested in those who do NOT have UC.Thank you,Ellen

Ellen,

My husband has never had a cholangitis attack that we know of. Hepatic Encephalogy is entirely a different story.

LOVE & LIGHT

Barbara (Wife of , PSC'07, HE, Chronic Pancr, Osteo, Diabetes, Listed)

Subject: Frequency of CholangitisTo: Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 12:06 AM

Hi everyone,I was wondering how often people here in the group have a cholangitis epispode and the various symptoms they have.I know that it's extremely individual, nevertheless, I think it's important to have the bigger picture.I'm particular interested in those who do NOT have UC.Thank you,Ellen