RemedySpot.com

Update from Tom (yes TOM HIMSELF) - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2008 03:43 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So is there anything new with anyone today?Heard any good jokes lately? PLEASE don't tell me. The pain from laughing will kill me.Well, here I am. As long as I don't do any thinking, I'm OK. It's certainly been an excellent adventure, but it's also been much more to deal with than I was prepared for. More on that in a future writing. For now, a couple things:

First, thank you to everyone who has posted so far. Being cooped up here like a veal is not fun but necessarily so. Hearing the kind words and wishes from people means more to me than I ever will be able to articulate. The number of visitors needs to be small because I have no immune system, and for most of us, town doesn't have a handy location in Sterling. Being able to stay in touch with the outside world is hugely important.

Next, never try to read or respond to messages while under heavy medication. I've been entering the same lines over and over again in this message, and I'm just thankful that tax season is still a ways off when this will be behind me.

I'll keep the message short for now. Just be aware that your friendship and support are keeping us going, and Kathy, ph, , and I treasure you.With that, I'll sign off. More updates will come, albeit intermittently, as I feel up to it. The goal is to still be home by Christmas. We'll make it!

Tom

To send a message (or joke!) to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler