RemedySpot.com

Update from Kathy re:Tom - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2008 02:17 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tom actually got to eat some solid food today. Excellent! He said the chicken breast tasted like a $200 dinner. He's feeling really good today. He still has some pain in his abdomen, but they're doing a good job of controlling it.

They're going to move him off the ICU floor today, but I don't know his new room number yet. We are very ambivalent about the move. It is definitely a step forward for him, but he will have to share a nurse with more patients on the new unit. Hopefully he'll still have his own room, but we don't know about that situation.

Tom definitely continues to improve everyday. In fact, last night he said that he felt better than he has in years, and his head is clearer than he can ever remember it being. All that is good news. He still has a long way to go, and he'll have some up days and some down days, but this transplant is such a blessing to our entire family.

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family go to;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

After I got my gift of life two years ago, I know just where you are today. Sounds like you are on the right road. Down the road it will all seem like a bad dream.

Now that you working with real food and out walking keep it up. You have to remember that now your goal is to get out of there. I wish I had figured that out earlier, as I would have been trying to sit up in the easy chair and walking more. My advice to you is to do just that .. sit in the easy chair and go for lots of walks.

Once you get home the job gets easier......trust me I have been there.

Bill Booth

sunny Sundridge, Ontario, Canada

transplant 09/2006

After I got my gift of life two years ago, I know just where you are today. Sounds like you are on the right road. Down the road it will all seem like a bad dream.

Now that you working with real food and out walking keep it up. You have to remember that now your goal is to get out of there. I wish I had figured that out earlier, as I would have been trying to sit up in the easy chair and walking more. My advice to you is to do just that .. sit in the easy chair and go for lots of walks.

Once you get home the job gets easier......trust me I have been there.

Bill Booth

sunny Sundridge, Ontario, Canada

transplant 09/2006