RemedySpot.com

Re: yucky post ERCP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It can be from the sedatives of the procedure. Are you running fever? In any case you should refer to your doctor as it can be a million things. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:34:17 -0000To: < >Subject: yucky post ERCP I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck... I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had this year. I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak of in RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired. has this happened to others??? Beth B I am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what is going on

It can be from the sedatives of the procedure. Are you running fever? In any case you should refer to your doctor as it can be a million things. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:34:17 -0000To: < >Subject: yucky post ERCP I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck... I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had this year. I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak of in RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired. has this happened to others??? Beth B I am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what is going on

I have had only one ERCP, and I felt the exact same way. I thought it

was because of the new diagnosis of this downer of a disease I got

after the procedure. Physically, I did feel better after about a week.

ee

>

> I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck...

>

No I am not running a fever. Never thought that it could be the

sedatives from the procedure. I have always had propelol (the short

term sedative). But will check in with my GI.

Thanks for your responses,

Beth B

>

> It can be from the sedatives of the procedure. Are you running

fever?

>

> In any case you should refer to your doctor as it can be a million

things.

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

>

> yucky post ERCP

>

>

>

> I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had

this

> year.

>

> I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak

of in

> RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired.

>

> has this happened to others???

>

> Beth B

>

> I am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what

is

> going on

>

Beth B

>

fever?

>

things.

>

> yucky post ERCP

>

>

>

this

> year.

>

of in

>

>

> Beth B

>

is

> going on

>

Beth B

>

fever?

>

things.

>

> yucky post ERCP

>

>

>

this

> year.

>

of in

>

>

> Beth B

>

is

> going on

>

I am no doc., however I know that when myt dose is larger. I know that sometimes I feel hamgover-ish as they gave me a large dose. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:30:22 -0000To: < >Subject: Re: yucky post ERCP No I am not running a fever. Never thought that it could be the sedatives from the procedure. I have always had propelol (the short term sedative). But will check in with my GI. Thanks for your responses, Beth B > > It can be from the sedatives of the procedure. Are you running fever? > > In any case you should refer to your doctor as it can be a million things. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T > > yucky post ERCP > > > I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck... > > I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had this > year. > > I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak of in > RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired. > > has this happened to others??? > > Beth B > > I am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what is > going on >

I am no doc., however I know that when myt dose is larger. I know that sometimes I feel hamgover-ish as they gave me a large dose. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:30:22 -0000To: < >Subject: Re: yucky post ERCP No I am not running a fever. Never thought that it could be the sedatives from the procedure. I have always had propelol (the short term sedative). But will check in with my GI. Thanks for your responses, Beth B > > It can be from the sedatives of the procedure. Are you running fever? > > In any case you should refer to your doctor as it can be a million things. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T > > yucky post ERCP > > > I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck... > > I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had this > year. > > I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak of in > RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired. > > has this happened to others??? > > Beth B > > I am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what is > going on >

Beth,

I didn't have problems with ERCP's until a year or so before tx. Then I felt like you do and it went away in a day or two. The versed and propranolol and whatever pain meds were given by IV took longer for my body to process so the hangover effect lasted longer. At least that is how it was explained to me.Hope you feel better tomorrow. At least your throat should feel better too by then.

Blessings,

Barby - KS

UC - 1965, ileostomy - 1972, BCIR (continent pouch) 1994, PSC - 1995, arthritis 2007, tx 11.29.07married 29 years , 5 sons, 2 daughters in law, 1 granddaughter, 1 grandson , granddaughter due in 3/09 and 1 golden retriever

Beth,

I didn't have problems with ERCP's until a year or so before tx. Then I felt like you do and it went away in a day or two. The versed and propranolol and whatever pain meds were given by IV took longer for my body to process so the hangover effect lasted longer. At least that is how it was explained to me.Hope you feel better tomorrow. At least your throat should feel better too by then.

Blessings,

Barby - KS

UC - 1965, ileostomy - 1972, BCIR (continent pouch) 1994, PSC - 1995, arthritis 2007, tx 11.29.07married 29 years , 5 sons, 2 daughters in law, 1 granddaughter, 1 grandson , granddaughter due in 3/09 and 1 golden retriever

Beth,

Blessings,

Barby - KS

My first 4 ERCP's went unhitched...no nausea, pain,

but 5, 6 and 7 produced ill effects, nausea, vomiting

and pain, 8 just a yucky overall feeling.

When I start into a Cholangitis attack, usually the

first thing I start saying is that I feel yucky, can't

put a finger on just what, just overall punky. As it

progresses though, I can start to sumise it is

Cholangitis.

Cindy Baudoux-Northrup

Hi Beth,After my last ERCP, at the beginning of October, I felt pretty crummy afterward. It was definitely the longest time spent in the hospital of the three ERCP's. I went home, went straight to bed. After about 3 hours of sleeping I woke up, had some jello and started to feel better. I was pretty tired the next day as well.I just thought I would let you know that my body was feeling the effects of 3 as well.nne

Duluth, Minnesota

UC 2002, PSC 2008Subject: yucky post ERCPTo: Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:34 AM

I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck...

I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had this

year.

I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak of in

RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired.

has this happened to others???

Beth B

I am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what is

going on

Hi Beth,After my last ERCP, at the beginning of October, I felt pretty crummy afterward. It was definitely the longest time spent in the hospital of the three ERCP's. I went home, went straight to bed. After about 3 hours of sleeping I woke up, had some jello and started to feel better. I was pretty tired the next day as well.I just thought I would let you know that my body was feeling the effects of 3 as well.nne

Duluth, Minnesota

UC 2002, PSC 2008Subject: yucky post ERCPTo: Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:34 AM

year.

Beth B

going on

Duluth, Minnesota

year.

Beth B

going on

Beth

Yuck is the right term to explain the feeling. Unfortunately, it can get worse. I find that if a dilatation is done I usually end up with nausea, vomiting and pain. The type of anesthesia can make you tired too. My doctor recently changed hospitals. At the first one Fentanyl and Versaid were used. This would usually make me sleepy the rest of the day and sometimes the next day. Getting out of recovery to go home would take hours. At the new hospital because they provided an Anesthesiologist they used a different anesthesia...don't know what. I was awake immediately and felt less tired and sleepy the remainder of the day.

Carole

PSC, UC 1993

From: b_brandel58 <solarcheek (AT) msn (DOT) com>Subject: yucky post ERCPTo: @ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:34 AM

I had my 4th ERCP yesterday and am just kind of feeling yuck...I have not felt like this with the other 3 ERCPs that I have had this year. I just have a queasy stomach, not much appetite, no pain to speak of in RUQ. Have not felt like throwing up just feel yuck and a bit tired.has this happened to others???Beth BI am still getting used to the idea of having PSC-so not sure what is going on