RemedySpot.com

Re: Traveling with meds - Letter from doctor?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

a -

For traveling, in case you got sick, I always take a copy of a PSC article (you can find one in the PSC literature web site), a copy of recent lab work and if you have copies of testing like colonoscopy, ERCP, liver biopsy. Also take a list of your medications in addition to the meds. And telephone # for your doctors in case someone needed to call. Hopefully, you won't have to use any of this, but handy in case you did!

I don't know about Australia, but in US, there is a web site with rules about carry on items, including medications. In US, it is OK to carry on medications, including liquids. You do need them in separate plastic bag and the air traffic folks may examine the bag individually.

Enjoy your trip! Take care.

Joanne H

(, Ca)

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of kmmeucciSent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:14 AMTo: Subject: Travelling with meds - Letter from doctor?

Hi all,I'll be travelling to Australia next week and was advised by my mother to get a letter from my doctor listing all the meds I need for importation reasons. I have never heard of such a thing and can't find much info on the Australian Consolate site.My doctor is Italian as I'm in Italy and I'm assuming the letter needs to be written in English.Has anyone ever needed such a letter? Does anyone have a sample letter I can copy? I have no idea what information is needed or where to start....Thanks in anticipation,a

a -

For traveling, in case you got sick, I always take a copy of a PSC article (you can find one in the PSC literature web site), a copy of recent lab work and if you have copies of testing like colonoscopy, ERCP, liver biopsy. Also take a list of your medications in addition to the meds. And telephone # for your doctors in case someone needed to call. Hopefully, you won't have to use any of this, but handy in case you did!

I don't know about Australia, but in US, there is a web site with rules about carry on items, including medications. In US, it is OK to carry on medications, including liquids. You do need them in separate plastic bag and the air traffic folks may examine the bag individually.

Enjoy your trip! Take care.

Joanne H

(, Ca)

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of kmmeucciSent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:14 AMTo: Subject: Travelling with meds - Letter from doctor?

Hi all,I'll be travelling to Australia next week and was advised by my mother to get a letter from my doctor listing all the meds I need for importation reasons. I have never heard of such a thing and can't find much info on the Australian Consolate site.My doctor is Italian as I'm in Italy and I'm assuming the letter needs to be written in English.Has anyone ever needed such a letter? Does anyone have a sample letter I can copy? I have no idea what information is needed or where to start....Thanks in anticipation,a

Thank you for your response.

Today I went to my doctor and we solved the problem.

I wrote the letter for him in English on his computer and translated

as I did it. He just printed it out on his letterhead, stamped it and

signed it.

Let's hope that it will do the trick!

Will let you know the outcome when I arrive (if they let me in..hee

hee).

a

>

> a -

> For traveling, in case you got sick, I always take a copy of a PSC

article

> (you can find one in the PSC literature web site), a copy of recent

lab work

> and if you have copies of testing like colonoscopy, ERCP, liver

biopsy.

> Also take a list of your medications in addition to the meds. And

telephone

> # for your doctors in case someone needed to call. Hopefully, you

won't

> have to use any of this, but handy in case you did!

>

> I don't know about Australia, but in US, there is a web site with

rules

> about carry on items, including medications. In US, it is OK to

carry on

> medications, including liquids. You do need them in separate

plastic bag

> and the air traffic folks may examine the bag individually.

>

> Enjoy your trip! Take care.

>

> Joanne H

> (, Ca)

>

> Travelling with meds - Letter from doctor?

>

>

> Hi all,

> I'll be travelling to Australia next week and was advised by my

mother

> to get a letter from my doctor listing all the meds I need for

> importation reasons. I have never heard of such a thing and can't

find

> much info on the Australian Consolate site.

> My doctor is Italian as I'm in Italy and I'm assuming the letter

needs

> to be written in English.

> Has anyone ever needed such a letter? Does anyone have a sample

letter

> I can copy? I have no idea what information is needed or where to

> start....

> Thanks in anticipation,

> a

>