RemedySpot.com

RE: Questions about Carepages

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Barbra.

Personally, I prefer Caringbidge to Carepages, the main difference I see, is for Caringbridge you don't have to " sign in " to read an update just to leave a message.. On Carepages you have too " sign in " before you can read an update (only the first time). The real advantage of either one is you don't rewrite the info umpteen time and email everyone that wants to stay in the loop. Which ever one you chose I am willing to copy the updates and post them to the support group. That goes for anyone else that has an active site going.

Ian (52) PSC 89

My husband is in the hospital with Pancreatitis right now. I am wondering at what point is recommended (for lack of better word) that I set up a Carepage? Most of the time there is not alot to report, however, when there is - like now, it sure would be helpful. I would like to hear your experiences as to whether we set one up or not, and if so when is the best time?

LOVE & LIGHT

Barbara (Wife of , PSC'07, HE, Chronic Pancr, Osteo, Diabetes, Listed) -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Barbra.

Personally, I prefer Caringbidge to Carepages, the main difference I see, is for Caringbridge you don't have to " sign in " to read an update just to leave a message.. On Carepages you have too " sign in " before you can read an update (only the first time). The real advantage of either one is you don't rewrite the info umpteen time and email everyone that wants to stay in the loop. Which ever one you chose I am willing to copy the updates and post them to the support group. That goes for anyone else that has an active site going.

Ian (52) PSC 89

My husband is in the hospital with Pancreatitis right now. I am wondering at what point is recommended (for lack of better word) that I set up a Carepage? Most of the time there is not alot to report, however, when there is - like now, it sure would be helpful. I would like to hear your experiences as to whether we set one up or not, and if so when is the best time?

LOVE & LIGHT

Barbara (Wife of , PSC'07, HE, Chronic Pancr, Osteo, Diabetes, Listed) -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Barbara,

I set one up about a year ago, with not much on it except my

past history. It lay dormant for 6 months (I did it just to see how to do it

really), then when we got the call to transplant, I tried to access it. I was

using a different computer and couldn’t get in as author! Anyway, somehow

my husband (during that long wait before we even went to the hospital as it was

an out of town donor) managed to work out how to tell it I had a different laptop

, and we were away! The info was pretty scanty at first, he’s not much

into telling people what’s happening, but he did give out the address to enough

people, and after about a week I took it over!! Since then it’s been very

busy!!!!!

Mine was a Caringbridge page, I hadn’t heard about

carepages then. It works really well as an author, and at a later date can be

printed in a book form (for a price). I doubt if anyone would take the time to

read it, but I’ll probably do it anyway at a later stage.

Penny

Mother Extraordinaire

Christmas Junkie

And still on the twig!