RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: intrahepatic radicles?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Very interesting. Sounds like the ERCP saw changes in the small bile ducts!!! It's the first I've heard of this happening.Marie

To: From: rhodesdavid1@...Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 01:21:29 +0000Subject: Re: intrahepatic radicles?

Hi Darcy;

This article may help:

http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_040387.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_040387

"The Biliary System

The biliary system consists of the organs and structures that secrete and transport bile, including the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts. Interventional radiologists can perform diagnostic imaging of the biliary system as well as procedures for relief of biliary obstruction.

Bile is secreted by the liver and drains into small ducts called intrahepatic biliary radicles. The radicles on the right and left sides of the liver drain into the right and left hepatic ducts. The two hepatic ducts then join to form the common hepatic duct.

The gallbladder is a sac-like structure that stores and concentrates bile. Bile drains from the gallbladder through the cystic duct. The cystic duct joins with the common hepatic duct to form the common bile duct, which empties into the duodenum."

Best regards.

Dave

(father of (23); PSC 07/03; UC 08/03)

>> Hi All,> > Anyone know what intrahepatic radicles means? Last weeks ERCP report > says they are markedly abnormal. I would guess they are just little > ducts but would appreciate it if anyone could tell me for sure.> > Thanks for the help,> Darcy>

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now

Very interesting. Sounds like the ERCP saw changes in the small bile ducts!!! It's the first I've heard of this happening.Marie

To: From: rhodesdavid1@...Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 01:21:29 +0000Subject: Re: intrahepatic radicles?

Hi Darcy;

This article may help:

http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_040387.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_040387

"The Biliary System

The biliary system consists of the organs and structures that secrete and transport bile, including the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts. Interventional radiologists can perform diagnostic imaging of the biliary system as well as procedures for relief of biliary obstruction.

Bile is secreted by the liver and drains into small ducts called intrahepatic biliary radicles. The radicles on the right and left sides of the liver drain into the right and left hepatic ducts. The two hepatic ducts then join to form the common hepatic duct.

The gallbladder is a sac-like structure that stores and concentrates bile. Bile drains from the gallbladder through the cystic duct. The cystic duct joins with the common hepatic duct to form the common bile duct, which empties into the duodenum."

Best regards.

Dave

(father of (23); PSC 07/03; UC 08/03)

>> Hi All,> > Anyone know what intrahepatic radicles means? Last weeks ERCP report > says they are markedly abnormal. I would guess they are just little > ducts but would appreciate it if anyone could tell me for sure.> > Thanks for the help,> Darcy>

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now