RemedySpot.com

Re: **Debbie Foley** Medical IDs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It makes a lot more sense than a small bracelet if there is a lot of info needed or need to be able to change info and a lot cheaper.

In order to protect myself and prevent further such experiences, what would you suggest I do? I've been looking into setting up a Medic

Alert account. Have any of you done that with success? If so, what would you recommend I have written on the bracelet? I have an allergy in addition to my stage 2 PSC. Are there other or better emergency alert systems anyone can recommend?

I sure hope this works. If it doesn't, please write me at barbhenshaw@... and I'll email it to you (or any one else who wants it) privately. I've made a Medical ID Card my son can carry in his wallet. It lists all of his personal info (address, phone, Insurance) who to contact in an Emergency, doctor's names & phone #'s - a short list of Conditions/History of his medical problems, allergies, and all of his meds. Plus a sentence giving anyone permission to treat him. I brought "card stock" at Wal Mart and printed it on my home computer. It folds in half and fits in his wallet. It lists – everything!

Whenever his meds change it takes me one minute to type in the change and print a new one for him. I've attached it to this email, and I think you can just change it to your name and info (it's in Word.) I keep it on my desk top, so I can find it in 2 seconds. Like I said I'm not sure if you can read attachments in group, so write to me if it doesn't come through. I think it will answer any concerns you might have about ER rooms needing info and the best thing? It's really cheap!!

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight - Whatever it Takes!

Son Ken (34) UC 91 PSC 99, LTX 6/21 & 6/30 2007 @ Baylor/Dallas

.._,___

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.