gallbladder out. My surgeon noticed abnormal bile ducts and did an

ERCP to confirm the diagnosis. I have been having bouts of nausea

that come on in the evening and last for days. There is minor

stomach cramping along with it and diarrhea. It comes and goes. I

don't have much of an appetite. I spoke to my gastro's nurse and he

said it was related to the foods I was eating and without a

gallbladder I have to be careful. I am a healthy eater, vegetarian,

not a lot of fat, no fried foods, etc. I have had 3 of these

episodes. Once before my gallbladder was out and now 2 more times.

I will admit one of them happened after eating mexican food:) The

stomach problems are more like cramps and not like real pain. They

are also not focused in my URQ. The nausea is what is the real

problem. No fever, chills or vomiting either.

I am in the early stages of PSC without any real symptoms as of yet.

I have not met with a hepatologist yet, but have an appointment.

Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am wondering if it is the PSC

or my lack of a gallbladder... Thanks for the help.

Hi Kistania,

Welcome to the group, we are sooy for your diagnosis, but happy that you found us. I also was diagnosed when I was 33, when they removed my gall bladder & bile ducts (outside the liver). The discomfort you are feeling maybe because your body is adjusting to being gall bladderless or it might possibly because bile is backing up because its having a hard time getting through narrowed bile ducts. Staying hydrated can help, Many of us find that URSO helps alot with bile flow and lowers our LFT numbers, but others in the group find URSO makes matters worst. We are all different, but we all can relate to each other and you someone here will have had the same symptoms before. Be encourage I've had PSC 19 years now, for the most part I am symptom free, and they are continously making advances

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi - I am 33 years old. I have had autoimmune hepatitis since I was 14. It went into remission when I was 15 and has stayed that way ever since. I was diagnosed with PSC a few weeks ago after having my gallbladder out. My surgeon noticed abnormal bile ducts and did an

ERCP to confirm the diagnosis. I have been having bouts of nausea that come on in the evening and last for days. There is minor stomach cramping along with it and diarrhea. It comes and goes. I don't have much of an appetite. I spoke to my gastro's nurse and he

said it was related to the foods I was eating and without a gallbladder I have to be careful. I am a healthy eater, vegetarian, not a lot of fat, no fried foods, etc. I have had 3 of these episodes. Once before my gallbladder was out and now 2 more times.

I will admit one of them happened after eating mexican food:) The stomach problems are more like cramps and not like real pain. They are also not focused in my URQ. The nausea is what is the real problem. No fever, chills or vomiting either.

I am in the early stages of PSC without any real symptoms as of yet. I have not met with a hepatologist yet, but have an appointment. Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am wondering if it is the PSC or my lack of a gallbladder... Thanks for the help.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Hi Kistania,

Welcome to the group, we are sooy for your diagnosis, but happy that you found us. I also was diagnosed when I was 33, when they removed my gall bladder & bile ducts (outside the liver). The discomfort you are feeling maybe because your body is adjusting to being gall bladderless or it might possibly because bile is backing up because its having a hard time getting through narrowed bile ducts. Staying hydrated can help, Many of us find that URSO helps alot with bile flow and lowers our LFT numbers, but others in the group find URSO makes matters worst. We are all different, but we all can relate to each other and you someone here will have had the same symptoms before. Be encourage I've had PSC 19 years now, for the most part I am symptom free, and they are continously making advances

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi - I am 33 years old. I have had autoimmune hepatitis since I was 14. It went into remission when I was 15 and has stayed that way ever since. I was diagnosed with PSC a few weeks ago after having my gallbladder out. My surgeon noticed abnormal bile ducts and did an

ERCP to confirm the diagnosis. I have been having bouts of nausea that come on in the evening and last for days. There is minor stomach cramping along with it and diarrhea. It comes and goes. I don't have much of an appetite. I spoke to my gastro's nurse and he

said it was related to the foods I was eating and without a gallbladder I have to be careful. I am a healthy eater, vegetarian, not a lot of fat, no fried foods, etc. I have had 3 of these episodes. Once before my gallbladder was out and now 2 more times.

I will admit one of them happened after eating mexican food:) The stomach problems are more like cramps and not like real pain. They are also not focused in my URQ. The nausea is what is the real problem. No fever, chills or vomiting either.

I am in the early stages of PSC without any real symptoms as of yet. I have not met with a hepatologist yet, but have an appointment. Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am wondering if it is the PSC or my lack of a gallbladder... Thanks for the help.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Hi Kistania,

Ian (52) PSC 89

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Hi Ian,

Just curious, I noticed in your reply you have been symptom free for 19 years. If you don't mind answering a few questions for me:

1) Are there certain foods you eat every or at least very often?

2) Are there certain foods or types of food you never eat?

3) Do you take vitamins or any type of supplements? For how long?

4) Do you take URSO or any type of medicines for any other ailments or health problems?

5) Do you drink a lot of water? What drinks do you avoid or drink often?

6) Do you exercise on a regular basis, if so what type?

Thanks!!

Lori A.

"Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

To: Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:50:47 PMSubject: Re: Nausea and mild stomach cramps

Hi Kistania,

Ian (52) PSC 89

On 11/30/08, kristinamccook <kristinamccook@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi - I am 33 years old. I have had autoimmune hepatitis since I was 14. It went into remission when I was 15 and has stayed that way ever since. I was diagnosed with PSC a few weeks ago after having my gallbladder out. My surgeon noticed abnormal bile ducts and did an ERCP to confirm the diagnosis. I have been having bouts of nausea that come on in the evening and last for days. There is minor stomach cramping along with it and diarrhea. It comes and goes. I don't have much of an appetite. I spoke to my gastro's nurse and he said it was related to the foods I was eating and without a gallbladder I have to be careful. I am a healthy eater, vegetarian, not a lot of fat, no fried foods, etc. I have had 3 of these episodes. Once before my gallbladder was out and now 2 more times. I will admit one of them happened after eating mexican food:) The stomach problems are more like cramps and not like real

pain. They are also not focused in my URQ. The nausea is what is the real problem. No fever, chills or vomiting either. I am in the early stages of PSC without any real symptoms as of yet. I have not met with a hepatologist yet, but have an appointment. Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am wondering if it is the PSC or my lack of a gallbladder. .. Thanks for the help.-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Hi Ian,

Just curious, I noticed in your reply you have been symptom free for 19 years. If you don't mind answering a few questions for me:

4) Do you take URSO or any type of medicines for any other ailments or health problems?

Thanks!!

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

To: Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:50:47 PMSubject: Re: Nausea and mild stomach cramps

Hi Kistania,

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi - I am 33 years old. I have had autoimmune hepatitis since I was 14. It went into remission when I was 15 and has stayed that way ever since. I was diagnosed with PSC a few weeks ago after having my gallbladder out. My surgeon noticed abnormal bile ducts and did an ERCP to confirm the diagnosis. I have been having bouts of nausea that come on in the evening and last for days. There is minor stomach cramping along with it and diarrhea. It comes and goes. I don't have much of an appetite. I spoke to my gastro's nurse and he said it was related to the foods I was eating and without a gallbladder I have to be careful. I am a healthy eater, vegetarian, not a lot of fat, no fried foods, etc. I have had 3 of these episodes. Once before my gallbladder was out and now 2 more times. I will admit one of them happened after eating mexican food:) The stomach problems are more like cramps and not like real

pain. They are also not focused in my URQ. The nausea is what is the real problem. No fever, chills or vomiting either. I am in the early stages of PSC without any real symptoms as of yet. I have not met with a hepatologist yet, but have an appointment. Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am wondering if it is the PSC or my lack of a gallbladder. .. Thanks for the help.-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Hi Ian,

Thanks!!

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

Hi Kistania,

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi a,

I had the same sensations before my

gallbladder was removed. Nausea and a dull pain right below the sternum. The

nausea used to go away after it made me sick to the point where I threw up and

then the next day or so the pain would subside as well. After these episodes I

had a stent in my common bile duct for a while and my gallbladder was removed. I

haven't had this sensation since.

Regards,

Chaim Boermeester, Israel

Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008

22:01

To:

Subject: Nausea and

mild stomach cramps

Hi - I am 33 years old. I have had autoimmune

hepatitis since I was

14. It went into remission when I was 15 and has stayed that way

ever since. I was diagnosed with PSC a few weeks ago after having my

gallbladder out. My surgeon noticed abnormal bile ducts and did an

ERCP to confirm the diagnosis. I have been having bouts of nausea

that come on in the evening and last for days. There is minor

stomach cramping along with it and diarrhea. It comes and goes. I

don't have much of an appetite. I spoke to my gastro's nurse and he

said it was related to the foods I was eating and without a

gallbladder I have to be careful. I am a healthy eater, vegetarian,

not a lot of fat, no fried foods, etc. I have had 3 of these

episodes. Once before my gallbladder was out and now 2 more times.

I will admit one of them happened after eating mexican food:) The

stomach problems are more like cramps and not like real pain. They

are also not focused in my URQ. The nausea is what is the real

problem. No fever, chills or vomiting either.

I am in the early stages of PSC without any real symptoms as of yet.

I have not met with a hepatologist yet, but have an appointment.

Does this sound familiar to anyone. I am wondering if it is the PSC

or my lack of a gallbladder... Thanks for the help.