RemedySpot.com

Re: New to this!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks. My husband is great.Sometimes I feel awful. i wish I can make him not suffer .Me being sick is enough. He is over all in good health. Thank goodness Sounds like you are doing well.That is what I hope to feel soon. how long has it been since your transfer?

Sending love , laughter, good energy!

Namaste',

Subject: Re: New to this!To: Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 6:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis; however, this group is very helpful and understanding. I was diagnosed with PSC and UC in 1990. In 2007 I had a liver transplant.

I agree with the comments about the increased technology and understanding of the disease and the transplant process. It took the disease 17 years before it got to my liver and then it was only within the 90 days prior to transplant that I had symptoms.

The transplant caused some positive changes. My UC is under control the best that it has ever been thanks to the anti-rejection meds I am taking. I take less medicine than I did prior to the transplant. I was transplanted with my liver attached directly to my duodenum (Roux-en-Y) to deter the PSC from returning. My liver numbers are in the normal range for the first time in 17 years.

BTW, your husband sounds like a true keeper. My wife is like that too.

Good luck.

Joe

From: <nykelly2000@ yahoo.com>To: @ yahoogroups. comSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:12:50 AMSubject: New to this!

Hi may name is kelly I am 35yrs old. I was just told I have the begining stages of PCS. I have UC/j-pouch for over 15 years. I am a mom of boy /girl twins. I am not on any meds yet. Just going to the doc today for some answers I hope. I have had CT's/MRI's/ERCP' s/lab work ect done. Next is the liver biopsy. I am still lost. I hope chating here will help me cope.I thought having UC was bad enough. I really had survived and conquered after being married and (my husband)him hanging aroud after the colostomy. Then the birth of my twins. I have so much scar tissue the doc said any more surgurey will be very dangerous. I was raised catholic.... Have never been the prayer type as I got older. Yet at this time in my life I feel it is all I got to keep me in a safe zone!Please respond if you can relate! thnks for listing ...