RemedySpot.com

3 hospitalizations in 2 weeks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,I got out of the hospital on Monday - it was the 3rd hospitalization in 2 weeks - basically I spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital, with 2 discharges, and I was back in the hospital in less than 24 hours. The problems: vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, light-headedness and dehydration. When they sent me home I dehydrated something terrible in no time at all. Pouchitis was considered the culprit, but I'm not convinced that that was all that was going on. Maybe it was. They had me on Xifaxan for the pouchitis, which didn't help, so then it was back to the Cipro at 500 mg twice a day, and that finally started to help. Although today I've been having some cramping and diarrhea again. I also got an infected IV site, so I was on vancomycin via IV for that infection. Now I'm taking Bactrim orally for that infection. I'm also taking potassium, as that kept going low.My lipase was also elevated to about 160, but the CT scan showed that the pancreas was okay. I have had RUQ pain on and off. Not sure if this was also cholangitis, although there was no fever, or almost no fever.Anyway, I'm feeling stronger than when I initially went to the hospital. I'm trying to catch up on my e-mails. I had no computer access when I was in the hospital.MarieUC 1970; J-pouch 2005/06; PSC 2005?, AIH 2006; adrenal gland insufficiency due to prednisone use

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how