RemedySpot.com

Update from Kathy re: Tom - TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2008 05:25 PM, CST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Unfortunately we've had another little setback. Tom seems to have some internal bleeding. It is probably intestinal, and his afternoon labs looked better than his morning labs, so maybe it was a short-lived episode. Without doing a colonoscopy they can't tell what's causing it. At first they thought he might need a transfusion, but the afternoon labs were good enough that they decided to hold off (unless something changes this evening). They are still talking about letting his go home in the next couple of days, but we'll see how things go. I'm going to hang out at the hospital into the evening to watch him. If he has any further symptoms of blood loss I'll be able to alert the medical staff.

Tom and Jacqui (his business associate) have been working all afternoon getting some urgent matters taken care of. This will probably ease both of their minds a bit. I think it also takes Tom's mind off of his pain and relieves some of the boredom of being in the hospital room.

I'll let you know if anything further develops.

To send a message to Tom, Kathy and family goto;

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomasbutler

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.